Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather - looking forward to the weekend

Options
  • 08-04-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Oh wow - what a fantastic day. I cannot wait to get stuck into the garden tonight and all weekend.

What are you hoping to get done?

I plan on finishing my raised beds, sowing a pile of veg and flower seeds that I bought online this week, varnishing my patio table and chairs, and working on the lawn - mowing and also aerating!!

Going to be a good un.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well if you want dry grass, then you'd better get the work done by tomorrow afternoon as a front is moving across west to east. I'm aerating the back garden and cutting the front, and tidying up the edges along the paths/patio if I can be arsed.

Varnish chairs & table, and cut the grass. Did a good bit of sowing on Wednesday afternoon as I was off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I've been gardening all week, so I'm looking forward to a relaxing garden weekend. :)

Super weather conditions, ideal for painting. Good luck with planting, but you'll need to pay close attention to avoid any casualties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I'll be transplanting seedlings sowing some more seeds and hopefully tackling some dandelions/Japanese Knotweed.

Also going to sort out more dry matter for the compost. (I keep it in a cardboard box beside the compost so everything gets put in in layers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'll be planting out my runner beans, sunflowers and sweet pea. And potting up my tomatoes indoors. I'm not putting my peas out yet because they're still small enough for the slugs to eat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement