Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Requirements for Taxsaver Ticket

• 08-04-2011 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

A quick question for all you knowledgeable types out there:

When I sign up for the Annual Dublin Bus/Irish Rail short hop taxsaver ticket, will my photo be printed on the smartcards, or will I need the CIE Photo ID as well as the two smartcards? (It is still two smartcards, right?)

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm asking because the website says I'll need the photo ID, but I've seen posts, on here and other forums, saying that the both smartcards have the photo printed on them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Your company HR/Payroll will ask you for a passport photo either digital or printed form. The HR person uploads your photo as part of the order and it appears on the ticket

Of course your HR/Payroll people could just use the photo they have on file for you for your staff ID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Thanks for replying so quickly. Good to hear I don't need the seperate ID card, it would just be something else for me to lose at the most inopportune time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Just got mine last week or so. Your photo is only printed on the Irish Rail Card. However, both cards must be carried together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I have the Bus ticket only and I need the CIE issued ID (my number is handwritten under the preprinted "CIE Photo ID Number"

Advertisement