Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is summer here?

Options
  • 08-04-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭

Just seen a swallow this morning which as you know is supposed to signal an increase in temperatures. A little bit early for their arrival here so Im wondering are we going to get a good spell of weather shortly with perhaps a washout in July/August?

Any thoughts on whats in store for us weather wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

muffler wrote: »
    Just seen a swallow this morning which as you know is supposed to signal an increase in temperatures. A little bit early for their arrival here so Im wondering are we going to get a good spell of weather shortly with perhaps a washout in July/August?

Any thoughts on whats in store for us weather wise?

thats the normal weather pattern :D

enjoy it while you can

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Snowing next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

April, May and June was good last year.
    So im expecting a good one again, especially after the winter we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

is that postman on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

danniemcq wrote: »

Postman looking at animals to predict weather or M.T.Cranium using technology...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971
    I know who I trust :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

Pique wrote: »
    Postman looking at animals to predict weather or M.T.Cranium using technology...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971
    I know who I trust :)

yup, screw science...postman ftw :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not going to last by the looks of it, back to cold and windy next week again.

Really felt like Summer today though, hopefully it doesnt turn out like the past few years and we get the best of the summer before June

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

danniemcq wrote: »

The one who has predicted a white christmas every year for about the last 20? He was bound to get 1 or 2 right by law of averages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

last time the temp went up to 18 in April was in 2003, and there was a decent summer to follow, if this warm spell continues we might be in for a repeat, although maybe not to the same level as the summer of 1995 where it stayed at 30 C for over a month.. (fond memories)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

:eek:no fond memories for me of 30 degrees plus, sooner 20-25max , any more and I flag visibly...and burn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

ootbitb wrote: »
    :eek:no fond memories for me of 30 degrees plus, sooner 20-25max , any more and I flag visibly...and burn.

Personally I'd rather that than being stuck in my house for weeks due to snow :D

Advertisement