Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which would you go to??

Options
  • 08-04-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so some dumbass Canadian promotors in Toronto have given the metal fans a 2 day festival, great i hear you say, but another set of promotors have also put another 2 day metal fest on in the SAME CITY, AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!

HEAVY METAL FEST TORONTO

Saturday, July 23

Disturbed
    Godsmack
    Billy Talent
    In Flames
    Trivium
    Unearth
    Kingdom Of Sorrow
    Red Fang
    Machine Head
    Suicide Silence
    All Shall Perish
    Straight Line Stitch

Sunday, July 24

KISS
    Motorhead
    Opeth
    Anthrax
    Children Of Bodom
    As I Lay Dying
    The Sword
    Times Of Grace
    DevilDriver

HEAVY TORONTO FESTIVAL

Saturday, July 23

Megadeth
    Anthrax
    Opeth
    Motorhead
    Children Of Bodom
    As I Lay Dying
    The Sword
    Times Of Grace
    DevilDriver

Sunday, July 24

Rob Zombie
    Billy Talent
    Slayer
    Mastodon
    Testament
    Baptized In Blood
    Anvil
    Melissa Auf Der Maur

I find it just dumb how they can fcuk this up and have 2 awesome festivals on the same day, imagine if MCD and AIKEN did this, one was in Marley Park, the other at Malahide Castle.

WHICH WOULD YOU GO TO??
    Link : http://www.chartattack.com/news/2011/mar/22/megadeth-rob-zombie-playing-heavy-to-festival

Which of the below festivals would you go to?? 6 votes

Heavy Metal Festival Toronto (Disturbed on 1st night)
    0% 0 votes
    Heavy Toronto Festival (Megadeth on 1st Night)
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

If I definitely HAD to choose it would be the second one. Heavy Toronto Festival.

It's a tough decision though, it just has more acts that I'd want to go see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

chin_grin wrote: »
    If I definitely HAD to choose it would be the second one. Heavy Toronto Festival.

It's a tough decision though, it just has more acts that I'd want to go see.

+1

The only band in the first thats not in the second that id waana see are Trivium, and I already saw them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I voted the Heavy Toronto Festival as well. Its got a few bands that I'd like to see, Anvil, Slayer, Testament, Mastodon, that aren't playing at the first one. Having said that I have seen most of the bands before that I'd want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Giot to be Heavy Toronto Festival. It's got Slayer, Mastodon (a band which would get me to go there straight away) etc... and plus: how can Disturbed even compete with Megadeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just for slayer I'd go the second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I voted for the first one. It's got the most bands that I'd like to see (Disturbed, Godsmack, In Flames, Trivium, Machine Head, All Shall Perish, Straight Line Stitch, Opeth, Children Of Bodom, As I Lay Dying and DevilDriver).

In all honesty though it'd want to be a far stronger lineup to get me to cross the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Malice wrote: »
    I voted for the first one. It's got the most bands that I'd like to see (Disturbed, Godsmack, In Flames, Trivium, Machine Head, All Shall Perish, Straight Line Stitch, Opeth, Children Of Bodom, As I Lay Dying and DevilDriver).

In all honesty though it'd want to be a far stronger lineup to get me to cross the Atlantic.

Didn't post this for people to get ideas about goin over, just to show how ridiculous it is to have 2 great metal festivals in the same city on the same weekend.
    Just gonna take fans from one another and therefore have a much lower attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I voted for the first one...

Are you sure you voted right? The first one still has no votes on the poll :p

Completely agree that they would need a stronger lineup to get me to cross the Atlantic, but somehow I doubt we're the target audience. I'd go if it was in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

scudzilla wrote: »
    Didn't post this for people to get ideas about goin over, just to show how ridiculous it is to have 2 great metal festivals in the same city on the same weekend.
    Just gonna take fans from one another and therefore have a much lower attendance.
    Oh I absolutely agree that it's the height of stupidity to host two festivals in the same genres on the the same weekend.
    JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Are you sure you voted right? The first one still has no votes on the poll :p
    I used the super special invisible vote mode that's only available to moderators so that's why you couldn't see it.

Or I may have actually missed clicking the radio button.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Oh I absolutely agree that it's the height of stupidity to host two festivals in the same genres on the the same weekend.

AND in the same city, but that's Canadians for ya :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

first day first one, second day second one

great to have such a choice!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

disturbed, gone off megadeth completely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Slayer + Mastodon = Win:D

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Slayer, Mastodon, Zombie & Testament, so definitely second one. No interest in Disturbed & Trivium.

All I need now is money . . . .

Advertisement