Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

filler ideas required for gap in wall around cables.

• 08-04-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a room in my workplace that needs to be made almost airtight.
    Most of the leaks have been dealt with, but I have a gaping hole in the wall where some MV cables enter and exit through the room as they pass underfloor.
    There are approx 12 cables, the diameter of 100mm each.
    there are gaps around and in between the cables which I cannot get to, as they are running together, side by side and on top of each other.
    How can I seal the gap around these?

I have checked expanding foam, but it is 80% porus, and the equilivalant fire seal is 70% porus, which is still not good enough.
    Has anybody encountered any sort of resin that I can pour over the cables that can flow down and set around the cables?

Thanks
    Pat.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi,
    I have a room in my workplace that needs to be made almost airtight.
    Most of the leaks have been dealt with, but I have a gaping hole in the wall where some MV cables enter and exit through the room as they pass underfloor.
    There are approx 12 cables, the diameter of 100mm each.
    there are gaps around and in between the cables which I cannot get to, as they are running together, side by side and on top of each other.
    How can I seal the gap around these?

I have checked expanding foam, but it is 80% porus, and the equilivalant fire seal is 70% porus, which is still not good enough.
    Has anybody encountered any sort of resin that I can pour over the cables that can flow down and set around the cables?

Thanks
    Pat.

Tube of fire proof sealer and a cartridge gun.

Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

How about something like Magic Gel

Electrical wholesalers should stock it, and its completely waterproof.

Advertisement