Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - sent mail keeps going AWOL

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

redzer44 wrote: »
    I have been having the same problem with registered mail to the US going missing. It has happened 4 times in the last 6 months. Each time i have tracked the post using the tracking system but the last entry is alway Dublin Mail Centre. Having spoke to someone in An post I was told that all mail to the US is being sent to another European Country to be scanned and x-rayed by Homeland Security. Can anyone verify this?

They go to Germany or the UK and its sometimes from that point that you will find the details on the USPS website as they will continue on the tracking within the US or US territories.

Go to USPS eireal suggested:

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm?from=home_header&page=trackandconfirm

Have to say I send a lot of parcels and letters to the US and rarely have things go missing when they are tracked.

Advertisement