Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting pregnant coming off the pill?

Options
  • 08-04-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

I'm off the pill since January. We're getting married in a month and planning on TTC. My cycles haven't returned to normal 100% yet (I've had one period) so I'm wondering if monitoring ovulation using the kits might be the way to go or should we just let nature take its course. Any advice welcome (I know not medical though!).

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi Lazygal,
    Its entirely up to you. I gave it about 8 months before I started using ovulation predictor kits. Some women take up to 6 months for their full fertility to come back after the pill, others fall pregnant within weeks of ditching them.

Just a cautionary note, using OPK's and charting, and timing intercourse etc can get very regimented and almost clinical and can become stressful very quickly., spontanaiaty goes out the window, if you know you are ovulating and you *have* to have a shag whether your tired, or sick or he might feel under pressure to produce the goods. It is also possible that in the run up to a wedding and a honeymoon that your cycles get thrown out of whack.

..and congrats on the wedding!

Advertisement