If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio tuner/cd player and speakers

Options
  • 08-04-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking to set up a system almost from scratch,I have an phillips hd tv with sky hd (love it).
    I would like to add a good radio and cd player with surround sound 5.1/7.1 free standing speakers that would also be connected to the tv through an av system ,i guess.
    quality sound of cd music/radio more important than tv by about 70/30,
    good speakers with plenty of power.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi House.

If you are looking a good receiver with good speakers and one that is good with music, then the Marantz receivers are hard to beat and we do a speaker package by Monitor Audio called the BX5 AV pack which is amazing.

I'll PM you a price and you can let me know if this is within your budget.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Hi, It is on the high end of my budget but not outside it! looks good- what would similar systems with denon,yamaha and onkyo run to?
    I have read that onkyo has a better on screen display which wouldbe more helpful for newbies like me.
    Also,how much to deliver to cork and are prices in sterling or euro.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Hi, rang yesterday (sunday) and said i would take the marantz tuner and cd player with the monitoe bx5 speaker set,gave my details and am awaiting call from you to confirm a few details.
    -so hurry up and call already:)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.