Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fujifil Finepix problem

• 08-04-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi

have a fujifilm finepix 12.2 megapixel camera, all of a sudden it wont turn on for me except for when its plugged into the charger, even if i tak the charger out it goes off and the lense just stops moving? very strange as it was working fine at the weekend.

Any tips??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Your battery could be dead.or your charger faulty.
    Have you tried with another battery of the same type of do you have a multimeter that could measure the voltage of the battery as if it falls beneath a certain voltage the camera will not turn on (which would mean you need a new battery or your charger does not work).

There are other possible causes but if AC works then most likely it is a battery/charger problem or a blown fuse on the DC/DC power circuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Rather than creating a new thread i'll add on here.
    I have the same kind of problem, though sounds not as bad as the OP.
    my Fujifilm S9500 will only take about 40-50 shots before the batteries dies.
    i am using brand new batteries, or rechargable that are full. the battery contacts are in perfect condition

Is this problem that we are having common to FujiFilm ?
    Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Ive noticed with my old camera and a few others (Fuji P&S's) that after a year or two that they develop some battery leakage and dont seem to fare well with rechargables.
    Try using some energizer or duracell alkaline batteries and see how long it lasts, also take them out when you arent using the camera as this will lead to corrosion/oxidisation on the contacts which would cause power problems as not enough power will get through to power the camera as the battery drops in voltage.

Check the contacts anyway to see if they have oxidisation or corrosion and if they do then that is most likely causing your problem.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement