If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denon avr1911 connection question

Options
  • 08-04-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi

I just purchased reveiver Denon AVR19111 from you (thanks for prompt delivery to me!) and while connecting it turned out that my sub is not good anymore.
    But from the beginning, I have old cinema theater LG LH-T760IA, tallboy model, and decided to connect these speakers to receiver (I hope that will work well) but the sub is a passive one and now need to buy an active.
    Could you please recommend a sub that would go well with the receiver and the speakers.?
    Another question, will these speakers still serve their purposel, or it's time to consider buying a new system?

Additionally if I would like to connect passive sub for the time being would it be better to connect it directly to the front speaker (left or right) or to the receiver directly (then with which speaker, would it be better to left front, left right or center?)

Thanks

Justyna

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

lalipule wrote: »
    Hi

I just purchased reveiver Denon AVR19111 from you (thanks for prompt delivery to me!)

No problem, and thanks for the biz - it's much appreciated..

and while connecting it turned out that my sub is not good anymore.

Sorry, YIPPIE!!!

But from the beginning, I have old cinema theater LG LH-T760IA, tallboy model, and decided to connect these speakers to receiver (I hope that will work well) but the sub is a passive one and now need to buy an active.
    Could you please recommend a sub that would go well with the receiver and the speakers.?

OK, getting serious now - Of course you will be far better served with an active subwoofer over a Passive one (to be honest a passive sub is pretty useless with this level of Receiver) and we do really excellent Active subs from just £100 http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/tannoy/sfx-sub/tann-sfx-sub-blk to over £700 http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/apex/aw12/your-speaker so you really have to have a look at the budget and decide.
    Another question, will these speakers still serve their purposel, or it's time to consider buying a new system?

Additionally if I would like to connect passive sub for the time being would it be better to connect it directly to the front speaker (left or right) or to the receiver directly (then with which speaker, would it be better to left front, left right or center?)

Now this is the kernal of the question - if you want to get an instant improvement to your system I would just replace the whole speaker setup in one go with a dedicated 5.1 or 7.1 rig - however I personally am a fan of system building and I think that you are far better off to buy in stages (for several reasons - 1. you can get far better quality if you save up! 2. you can wait until you see a bargain ie in one of our Boardie clearances 3. you can actually see and hear where the improvements are coming from) and it is was me I would probably live with the existing speakers and invest in a decent subwoofer as a starting point - something like the Monitor Audio VW8 Vector Sub is an excellent choice without breaking the bank - I can do this at just £149.95 reduced from £199.95 (If you look online you will see that this product retails at over £250 most places in the UK!) Add a decent Sub cable to this such as the SWA3523 3 meter cable at £12.99 or the Cambridge 100 Sublink 7.5 Mtr cable at £19.95 and you will get a huge improvement in performance. In terms of the best way to connect a passive sub - there really isn't one IMO - the system is designed for an active sub and you are really just adding noise if you try to compromise the system.

Thanks again for the post and of course for the Biz and drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

Hi John

just bought Jamo 210 sub and for the moment I'm satisfied. In a short while I'll be shopping around speakers system so I'll might come back to you.

Justyna

Can I ask which manufacturers speakers are you having, so I could look at their website to compare?

Justyna

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi lalipule.

We have a nice range of speakers.

Please look over the following websites for further details.

http://www.richersounds.ie/

http://www.richersounds.com/

While we stock a lot of different manufactures we do not stock all of the speaker ranges that each manufacturer produces. So it best to have a look through our websites to see if anything catches your eye.

Our most popular speaker Brand would be Monitor Audio as mentioned above regarding the Sub by John.
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/home

Let me know if I can be of any further help once you have looked over our selection.

Hi

I was looking at MA but to be honest they are not vey spealling to look at. I know I'm being terrible but for me speaker is another futniture that I will be looking at for the next few years and it needs to be nice looking. From what you have on your website I like Mordaunt Short, KEF, Wharfedale.

In that case which of these would be appropriate for denon and the jamo sub (having in my that in the near future I'm planning to buy the rest of the speakers for HT)?

Lalipule

• Advertisement

Hi lalipule.

Just one quick question before I draw you up a list of speakers.

Are you looking for Bookshelf or Floor standing speakers? Also do you have a budget in mind. This will make it easier for me to recommend some to you as there are a brave few options :)

Hi lalipule.

Just one quick question before I draw you up a list of speakers.

Are you looking for Bookshelf or Floor standing speakers? Also do you have a budget in mind. This will make it easier for me to recommend some to you as there are a brave few options :)

at the moment I'm looking for floor standing speakers and would like to spend max 500Euro for the pair, can strech a little if its realy worth, but wouldn't go more than 700euro.

thanks

Hi lalipule.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

When taking Monitor Audio out of the picture you could have a look a the following:

Mordaunt Short Aviano 6 priced at £499.95 / 610 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/floorstanders/mordaunt-short/aviano-6/mord-aviano-6-blk

Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 priced at £699.95 / 850 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/floorstanders/mordaunt-short/mezzo-6/mord-mezzo-6-blk

Although at the moment we do not have any stock of the above two pairs of speakers and I would need to check when/if we are getting these back into stock. I can not check this until after East unfortunatley as alll our supplier are closed over the East weekend.

The KEF speakers that are listed on the UK website are all last few to clear and they are now a finished line with ourselves.

I know you say that you do not like the Monitor Audio styling but they will sound better than any of the above listed speakers and there is more of a range available to choose from.

Have you looked over their whole range?
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products

Hi Kenny

thank you for getting back to me and for the offers.
    As for MA speakers. Did look at the website and have to say they are not bad :) looking.
    But just to stress I'm looking for speakers that I can based my home theather on. I might listen to the music from time to time.
    I was reading about JBL company that is supplying most cinemas, and thinking about this speakers, but to be honest when reading about MA speakers, mostly they are recommned as a stereo solution. Hence my question.
    Whould they be suitable for HT as well? If yes then which model, as I was loonking at bronze BX, Silver RX , Gold GS and have to say I'm a bit confused, as I'm not an expert and the existing differences are not telling me much.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.