Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Would You Like To See in Fifa 12

Options
  • 08-04-2011 12:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭

Around this time of year I always start to picture what I would like to see in the next Fifa and was wondering what other people thought.

Personally, I think the gameplay is basically perfect and doesn't need that much of an improvement. One thing I would like to see is more direct long balls instead of the kind of floating ones. To give an example, the kind of ball Paul Scholes or Steven Gerrard plays on a regular basis. Fifa kind of has that already but personally it floats too much.

I would also like to see a few better cut scenes. For example, before the game starts and the teams are walking out I would like to see teams enter a little huddle or high five each other and hug like Arsenal do. Would also like to see players warm up before coming on, so if you make a sub that player then goes for a run down the side and stretch before coming on.

I would like to see physio's coming onto the pitch when players are down injured and if they can't continue they signal to the bench.

One thing i've always wanted to see is manager's on the sidelines. They had it for Euro 2008 which I could understand as there weren't that many managers to make but if they had it as DLC then people could install what league managers they wanted. So have all the Premier League managers, Seria A, La Liga etc. And then have them talking to subs before they come on, shouting on the sidelines and doing what managers do on the sidelines.

That's all I can think of right now and would be interested what other people thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kharrell wrote: »
    Around this time of year I always start to picture what I would like to see in the next Fifa and was wondering what other people thought.

Personally, I think the gameplay is basically perfect and doesn't need that much of an improvement. One thing I would like to see is more direct long balls instead of the kind of floating ones. To give an example, the kind of ball Paul Scholes or Steven Gerrard plays on a regular basis. Fifa kind of has that already but personally it floats too much.

I would also like to see a few better cut scenes. For example, before the game starts and the teams are walking out I would like to see teams enter a little huddle or high five each other and hug like Arsenal do. Would also like to see players warm up before coming on, so if you make a sub that player then goes for a run down the side and stretch before coming on.

I would like to see physio's coming onto the pitch when players are down injured and if they can't continue they signal to the bench.

One thing i've always wanted to see is manager's on the sidelines. They had it for Euro 2008 which I could understand as there weren't that many managers to make but if they had it as DLC then people could install what league managers they wanted. So have all the Premier League managers, Seria A, La Liga etc. And then have them talking to subs before they come on, shouting on the sidelines and doing what managers do on the sidelines.

That's all I can think of right now and would be interested what other people thought

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    lol

Great contribution. Maybe you would like to back up your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i could but i'd be typing for far too long. ill try and run through some of them:

-biased refs especially for the strong teams like united, real etc

-live season still a joke, still no function to search for a match without Live season

-heading is a joke, way too many goals from them, defending them can be an utter nightmare, you could be commanding a CB in an 90-10 situation and still not only concede the goal but never even jump in the first place.

-Lb+Y is a disaster in this. Paul McShane could do a perfect 70 yard Lofted Through in this, its pathetic. because its overpowered, players will attempt these constantly as a tactic.

-Personlity did nothing for Fifa except make the superstars more super. Drogba got more strength and whatever but where did the traits for someone like Kevin Doyle go? he holds the ball up brilliantly for Wolves and Ireland but no personality plus? come on....

-don't get us started on the bugs such as the Player ratings glitch, de-sych games, games freezing etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I find alotta problems with the fifa gameplay but haven't time to go into depth now

1.I'm not sure how to put this but i just find the gameplay so conjested say in comparsion to pro evo where there seems to be more space to play
    2.the map is terrible,very hard to build a effective counter attack when you can't quiet make out where your players are(again in comparsion to the pro evo map)
    3.Way to many tricks/over reliance of tricks in the games,i prefer good passing movements,good runs or well planned attacks than throwing some shape and going past like 4 players.
    4.Some more when I get time later

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

1. Lobbed through ball is overpowered - like the long range shot from fifa 10, it needs to be toned down

2. When playing Career as a manager Id like to be able to select a 'match-day' squad when simming a game. Basically the same as when you use team management before playing a match

3. Id like to see more stuff happening arond injuries, like a cut scene where the stretcher comes on, and maybe a replay of the tackle etc. Maybe even have the commentators making some comments about it later in the match. Like breaking news/rumours about the severity of the injury

4. Change the substitution cutscene - get rid of the bit where it looks at a random player (or at least not do that every time) and add in the guy with the number board next to the player coming on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Make career mode enjoyable instead of an absolute grind. Its much better than FIFA 10 but its still bloody awful.

One thing Pro Evo has right over FIFA is atmosphere, players react like real football players, when they miss shots they are angry, when a bad challenge goes in they start handbags, they run and celebrate with the bench... FIFA is so stiff and robotic in this area. Every game feels the same.

They cant continue with tackling as easy as it is, hold A. Thats it, hold the A button. Real defending is about covering the space and timing a challenge. Instead we get either slogs in midfield with possesion changing every 3 seconds or lofted through balls.

I could type for hours...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Make career mode enjoyable instead of an absolute grind. Its much better than FIFA 10 but its still bloody awful.

+1

also sometimes its feel your trying to get through a brick wall when playing against the A.I

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i could but i'd be typing for far too long. ill try and run through some of them:

-biased refs especially for the strong teams like united, real etc

-live season still a joke, still no function to search for a match without Live season

-heading is a joke, way too many goals from them, defending them can be an utter nightmare, you could be commanding a CB in an 90-10 situation and still not only concede the goal but never even jump in the first place.

-Lb+Y is a disaster in this. Paul McShane could do a perfect 70 yard Lofted Through in this, its pathetic. because its overpowered, players will attempt these constantly as a tactic.

-Personlity did nothing for Fifa except make the superstars more super. Drogba got more strength and whatever but where did the traits for someone like Kevin Doyle go? he holds the ball up brilliantly for Wolves and Ireland but no personality plus? come on....

-don't get us started on the bugs such as the Player ratings glitch, de-sych games, games freezing etc.

Pretty much all this. Live season is a bloody joke, but it makes Fifa money. Its basically like buying a stat boost for your entire team but out of principle ive refused to purchase it. They will never add a feature to search for non live season players as its like a plague that spreads. Player one buys it and has an advantage therefore player 2 buys it aswell and then player 3 buys it and so on. In their other title, fight night champion people can buy stat boosts for their fighters. This is just a slyer way of that really.

Other things not mentioned are some of the daft animations that defenders do like sticking out a leg and missing an over the top ball, chest animations still do slow causing balls to go out for corners or attackers nip in a take it off the defender and I still reckon there is momentum in the game which favours certain teams which is a nightmare play against.

They really need to fix kick outs aswell. A kick out should be an advantage not a disadvantage. The amount of times you can send it long only for their defender to head it straight back to the striker who is clear through on goal is insane.

And for game breaking glitches such as freezing etc to still be present after this amount of time pretty much sums up how bad fifa 11 is.

But wait you will see that David Rutter fella talking to the press about another 100 changes and their new "ultimate boot laces" feature and shove that as genre defining!

A new commentary script after three years wouldnt hurt either!

joe123 wrote: »
    A new commentary script after three years wouldnt hurt either!

I wonder if they will keep Andy Gray...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

dont care i hate football:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

dont care i hate football:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek:

What are you in this forum for so?

Other things not mentioned are some of the daft animations that defenders do like sticking out a leg and missing an over the top ball, chest animations still do slow causing balls to go out for corners or attackers nip in a take it off the defender and I still reckon there is momentum in the game which favours certain teams which is a nightmare play against.

The single most frustrating thing in the game for me.

Its as if the defender is trying to avoid dog shiit on the pitch and in doing so allows the striker to go through on goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Improvements to career mode are definitely necessary. I'm a huge fan of this mode and love building up small teams, but the games player growth system is really poor. Players not growing until they are in their mid twenties makes it impossible to turn youngsters into good players.

I agree with what has already been mentioned regarding goals from header's as well. In fifa 10, the cheap tactic was ping pong passing, in fifa 11 it running the wings and knocking in crosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

1. Sort out the lob through ball. As everyone else has stated, its ridiculous.

2. Full backs marking strikers from corners. How many times would Rafael mark Drogba at corners!

3. More red cards for cynical tackles from behind.

4. Headset chat in Pro Clubs needs to be looked at. Not very often you can hear all the players on your team. Even with only 3 players.

5. Champions League style or knockout online tournaments. It was added in South Africa world cup game. Why it was removed I dont know. Broke the monotony of constantly playing ranked games. I want. I want.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Rougher game play, more fighting and intensity. Players going head to head etc.

Ability to perform two footed tackles, use your body and arms more, and to go to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

DB10 wrote: »

Ability to perform two footed tackles, use your body and arms more, and to go to ground.

:confused: Wha??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haha! In fairness it would make it realistic, but I for one would HATE to have that in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

They need to sort out manual. First time manual passes, even simple ones are either extremely over hit or extremely under hit. It is a night mare.

Center forwards running out towards the corner flag as your bombing down the line with your winger looking to whip a cross in. Very frustrating and stupid.

Making custom formations can still be a problem. It not allowing you to put players in certain positions for no reason etc. Should virtually unrestricted. At least for offline/unranked or something.

I'm sure I've loads more, but thats it for the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Official Champions league would be awesome too, but alas I dont think that'll happen

• Advertisement

I think UFC Undisputed 2010 is the game your looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

actually just fix the game, fifa is riddled with bugs and is one of the laggyiest games on xbox to play online.

they have to do something different that doesnt involve money scams like ultimate team etc, id like too see indoor football back again aswell as the option to edit your kit at the end of every season in manager mode.

but the main thing is just fix the game its beyond a joke when it comes to online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Center forwards running out towards the corner flag as your bombing down the line with your winger looking to whip a cross in. Very frustrating and stupid.

That is so true, you go for the counter attack and you find your striker next to you and running away from the goal!

How would people feel if referees made mistakes, like players who were offside being given on? I've wanted that for ages and understand that it would be so frustrating if it happened online and you lost the game because of it but I think it would add a sense of realism to the game

How would people feel if referees made mistakes, like players who were offside being given on? I've wanted that for ages and understand that it would be so frustrating if it happened online and you lost the game because of it but I think it would add a sense of realism to the game

I think some offsides should be let go. Not ones where the striker is clearly offside, but decisions where it is only a fraction offside -- decisions you would not even notice. In some of the decisions given, the difference is minuscule and I wouldn't mind them going unnoticed.

But I doubt EA would implement something like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Desire. wrote: »
    I think some offsides should be let go. Not ones where the striker is clearly offside, but decisions where it is only a fraction offside -- decisions you would not even notice. In some of the decisions given, the difference is minuscule and I wouldn't mind them going unnoticed.

But I doubt EA would implement something like that.

Yeah I know what you mean, some offsides the yellow and red line are basically on top of each other and you think that could be let go.

One thing I read a few people put was a new commentary soundtrack and with Andy Gray being fired from Sky I hope that a new one is put in but not with Chris Coleman or Ray Wilkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Yeah I know what you mean, some offsides the yellow and red line are basically on top of each other and you think that could be let go.

One thing I read a few people put was a new commentary soundtrack and with Andy Gray being fired from Sky I hope that a new one is put in but not with Chris Coleman or Ray Wilkins.

Ray Houghton?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Would love to see the female teams and leagues.

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Would love to see the female teams and leagues.

I'd rather they added more mens leagues first to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    They need to sort out manual. First time manual passes, even simple ones are either extremely over hit or extremely under hit. It is a night mare.

Making custom formations can still be a problem. It not allowing you to put players in certain positions for no reason etc. Should virtually unrestricted. At least for offline/unranked or something.

I'm sure I've loads more, but thats it for the moment!

Manual bugs and issues need to be looked at badly. Really feel that manual side of the game is irrelevant to people at EA.

Used to love the indoor football in Fifa 97( As far as i can remember) , be brilliant to have it back, but realistically would never play it.

Agree with people saying just fix the bugs and stupid parts of game play. there are numerous very basic aggravating things that need to be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

:confused: Wha??
    What it's all realistic isn't it. Bit more of an edge to games should be welcomed.

Advertisement