Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Would You Like To See in Fifa 12

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I think UFC Undisputed 2010 is the game your looking for...
    lol

I have it and its ****e! Nah I just want more physicality in the games and the ability to use your body more, and too dive. Also maybe to tackle harder.

It's all real man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Bring back scouting and introduce new young players into game every year.

Some sort of training mechanism would be nice where you can improve you're players. The fatigue needs to be sorted too. Also the use of Fm transfers would be pretty cool. If you have a player on loan you can't buy him after it expires as the horrifying "This player has recently switched clubs and won't move again" message comes up.

Also if you start with a lower league team and work you're way up your wage structure is still rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the loading times are ridiculous as well lads, its like playing the ps1 again.

it takes way to long for it to load up, also to be able to sit in and watch freinds play in online matches would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

I THINK Clive Tyldsley is doing FIFA 12 commentary. I follow him on Twitter and yesterday he tweeted something along the lines of writing FIFA 12 scripts not being as fun as it sounds. No idea who his partner would be, maybe Townsend?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Forget nonsense like "Creation Centre" and put the effort into sorting out Career mode, for fùck sake. It really can't be that hard to fix it.

Also, a diving option, it could be turned on or off. Just for the craic :D.

Edit: Clive Tyldesley? Ugh.
    Couldn't they have just used Tyler & Alan Smith?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Smarmy wrote: »
    I THINK Clive Tyldsley is doing FIFA 12 commentary. I follow him on Twitter and yesterday he tweeted something along the lines of writing FIFA 12 scripts not being as fun as it sounds. No idea who his partner would be, maybe Townsend?

Probably. Just like the World Cup game last Summer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love it if the crowd started shouting "off off off"if you preformed a really bad tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

I would like different teams to have certain mentalities depending on who they are playing,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

A theater mode would be great to watch over matches youve played, instead of the stupid highlights they have now that dont even show all the goals!:rolleyes: Or even be able to spectate other matches like a high ranked player who you suspect is boosting.
    F^ck all the gimicks and just fix the game, like the striker running towards to winger instead of getting into the box, never remember it happening in Fifa 10 or 09, every year they seem to manage the f up something!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I would like different teams to have certain mentalities depending on who they are playing,

I would like that too,liverpool vs united or liverpool vs everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Servers on clubs are muck. People get kicked from games. etc... so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

One thing and when thing only.
    When your running for a 50/50 ball,stop slowing my players down so they never beat the defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

One thing and when thing only.
    When your running for a 50/50 ball,stop slowing my players down so they never beat the defender.

I hate when it does that

Also, players shouldn't have to play every single game in career mode to have their stats go up, loaning players doesn't seem to improve stats either. I played sergio canales every 3rd or 4th game, then it says his stats are gone down at 20 years old, wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'd love it if the crowd started shouting "off off off"if you preformed a really bad tackle.

This is part of what is the most needed change imo. Atmosphere.

I made a post in the NBA 2K11 thread about how good the atmosphere was. I only started playing that game recently and I am totally hooked because of the atmosphere, it immerses you and you think you are actually watching an NBA game. I was playing, mid-way through the game, nothing much happening, then the CPU made an outrageous alley-oop dunk from nowhere, and in the middle of some random commentator bull**** stats (which are actually really good, saying something like "He had 22 points last game, it just shows he has the ability to be a big time player but consistency is an issue" etc) both commentators just shouted "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" and started laughing, the crowd went absolutely wild. It happened against me, and it was ****ing awesome. Little things like that, and the crowd, the crowd is piss poor in this game. In NBA 2K, if your the away team and your winning well, you could hear a pin drop. Can you imagine if you were playing away at the Emirates lets say, and your side goes 2-0 up, and all you can hear is the distant screams of the away fans? Instead, when I go 1-0 away to Real Madrid in the second leg of a Champions League semi final, the fans, the players and the commentators react the same way as when I go 6-0 up at home to Wigan. Why cant we have the commentator be mumbling along, all of a sudden Malouda swings a ball in and he shouts "Drogba!!! Oooh narrowly wide." or something. You know when your watching football and you just know a goal is coming? you sence it, you stand up before the ball hits the net, that noise, its like "OOOOOHHHHH.....YAASSSS!!!" or "Yeeeeeee-OHHHHH" if its missed, where is that? Goal scored: Fans "Hurray." commentator: "Goal!" Bull****. There is no atmosphere in FIFA, and its the heart of the sport, so FIFA has no heart. Honestly I know im harping on about NBA 2K11 now but the atmosphere is so important in that game and makes it so great, rival games, like the Celtics vs Lakers, are MUCH more tense than other games, every single shot you can feel it, when you shoot a 3 you can hear the crowd "THREEEEEEEEEEEE" and if it drops they go insane, if you miss you can hear the gasps. Rival games in FIFA? Man United vs Liverpool: At kick off we get "I think this is THE match, THE rivalry" and that is ****ing it. Not another word said. ANOTHER THING! Why do fans only react for goals? In real life, If Manchester United are holding on to a 1-0 lead, and its squeaky bum time, and Nemanja Vidic lunges in taking ball and man, I turn into an absolute barbarian, its funny but true, I stand up and go all Stuart Pearce Euro 96' peno on it with the neck vains, because sometimes a huge momentum shifter isnt a goal. If the same situation arose in Fifa and I won ball and man, the crowd sound like they are checking Livescore on their iPhone and Martin Tyler says "Vidic with the tackle." If im playing at Old Trafford and Ivanovic takes Rooney out I want it to sound like the crowd want to see bloodshed, visa versa, if im in Stamford Bridge and Ivanovic makes the same move I was to hear approving applause, followed by the inevitable "WHHHAT??!?!?!" noise when the fans disagree with the inevitable free kick decision. No emotion in the game turns it into a monotonic pile of boredom for me. The game needs more immersion. Thats probably what I liked most of FIFA World Cup 2010, the goals felt... important. I want to see Javier Hernandez unable to control his arms after a big goal, I want to see Charlie Adam ripping his badge off after thumping home a pen (oh yeah, if Im taking a pen away from home I want to be sweating to the point where I cant hold a controller and dont want to look), I want to see Michael Dawson and William Gallas screaming at the linesman...

I want to feel like i'm playing a football game.

Form. Form is non-existant in the game. Wayne Rooney in FIFA 11, given time and space in the box, will score. What if he is having a stinker? If you miss a few shots early on, ESPECIALLY with lads like Berbatov, you should not want to pass the ball to them, in the same way, if Berbatov scores early on, give him the bloody ball and watch him perform moves out of Black Swan. I want to be thinking "My god Park is having an absolute mare, get him off." or "I should have started with Nani." as opposed to, Valencia has no energy left, he will come off. Jamie Redknapp loves the line "On his day, ______ is unplayable." Why cant some days be his day on FIFA. Big Kenwyne for example. When Kenwyne Jones is having a worldy, he is Drogba with dreads. On FIFA 11, Kenwyne Jones is, what, a 78 overall? Thats what you get, 38 games a season. Some matches he should be Heskey with deads, some days, Drogs. A consistency rating should have a bigger impact, Jones' would be low, Edwin Van Der Sar for example should be the exact same every game regardless. Thats one thing I dont think EA get, every footballer is different. In FIFA 11, there are 3 types of player: a)Lionel Messi, b)Average Joe, and c)Ronnie from Jersey Shore. (Ronnie being clearly the most effective).

The other day I was at my mates house, a few of the lads were, someone suggested a game of FIFA, and honest to god my mate replied "Ehh... Yeah, but lets be honest, I'm going to pick Man United and youll be Chelsea and you will win 2-1, Drogba and Torres for you and Rooney for me." The reply to that was, "We could be different teams." but we then realised it makes absolutely no difference. We played one game of FIFA, and went "lol lets be super random!" Final score? Orlando Pirates 1-2 AEK Athens.

It used to be that FIFA was that smoking hot girl who you fancied, but when you got to know her she was a total bitch and absolutely no fun, and PES was the kind of fat girl you didnt want to look at, but had such a great personality that you just wanted to be around her. Now, FIFA is a girl who is gorgeous, and when you first go out your having the time of your life, but then she becomes the worlds biggest whore and wakes up every morning with the sole purpose of making your life hell. And PES is that cheerleader girl from America who woke up one day and couldnt walk or talk, unless she did it in a certain way (if you dont gets this metaphor, Youtube "cheerleader cant walk" and what I mean is PES is only good if you set your mind to play it in a different way than is natural). I hate football games right now. Thats why I having this affair with NBA 2K11, she is from a different country, so its a long distance relationship, but she is a hotty and she treats me right.

Only now have I realised how much ive typed. If you stuck with it then thank you, if you didnt I dont blame you, it got a bit weird at the end. But i am so passionate about Footy games, I have been since I got ISS 64 on the N64 when I was 8. Indoor footy on FIFA 98, the half way line goals of FIFA 2001, the pin point free kicks on FIFA 2003, the fake shots of PES 4, the Adriano goals of PES 5, the pile of garbage that was FIFA 07 and PES 08, the potential of FIFA 08, the new car smell of FIFA 10. I am hoping for the game I want, the game we all want. Will it be FIFA 12? No way. Will I buy FIFA 12? Absolutely. Im probably going to start the thread on where we can get it early, but I deserve better, we deserve better. To be honest, having realistic expectations for FIFA 12... I'd settle for a career mode with a youth system, realistic budgets/trasnfer activity, player growth and a bit of a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    This is part of what is the most needed change imo. Atmosphere.

I made a post in the NBA 2K11 thread about how good the atmosphere was. I only started playing that game recently and I am totally hooked because of the atmosphere, it immerses you and you think you are actually watching an NBA game. I was playing, mid-way through the game, nothing much happening, then the CPU made an outrageous alley-oop dunk from nowhere, and in the middle of some random commentator bull**** stats (which are actually really good, saying something like "He had 22 points last game, it just shows he has the ability to be a big time player but consistency is an issue" etc) both commentators just shouted "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" and started laughing, the crowd went absolutely wild. It happened against me, and it was ****ing awesome. Little things like that, and the crowd, the crowd is piss poor in this game. In NBA 2K, if your the away team and your winning well, you could hear a pin drop. Can you imagine if you were playing away at the Emirates lets say, and your side goes 2-0 up, and all you can hear is the distant screams of the away fans? Instead, when I go 1-0 away to Real Madrid in the second leg of a Champions League semi final, the fans, the players and the commentators react the same way as when I go 6-0 up at home to Wigan. Why cant we have the commentator be mumbling along, all of a sudden Malouda swings a ball in and he shouts "Drogba!!! Oooh narrowly wide." or something. You know when your watching football and you just know a goal is coming? you sence it, you stand up before the ball hits the net, that noise, its like "OOOOOHHHHH.....YAASSSS!!!" or "Yeeeeeee-OHHHHH" if its missed, where is that? Goal scored: Fans "Hurray." commentator: "Goal!" Bull****. There is no atmosphere in FIFA, and its the heart of the sport, so FIFA has no heart. Honestly I know im harping on about NBA 2K11 now but the atmosphere is so important in that game and makes it so great, rival games, like the Celtics vs Lakers, are MUCH more tense than other games, every single shot you can feel it, when you shoot a 3 you can hear the crowd "THREEEEEEEEEEEE" and if it drops they go insane, if you miss you can hear the gasps. Rival games in FIFA? Man United vs Liverpool: At kick off we get "I think this is THE match, THE rivalry" and that is ****ing it. Not another word said. ANOTHER THING! Why do fans only react for goals? In real life, If Manchester United are holding on to a 1-0 lead, and its squeaky bum time, and Nemanja Vidic lunges in taking ball and man, I turn into an absolute barbarian, its funny but true, I stand up and go all Stuart Pearce Euro 96' peno on it with the neck vains, because sometimes a huge momentum shifter isnt a goal. If the same situation arose in Fifa and I won ball and man, the crowd sound like they are checking Livescore on their iPhone and Martin Tyler says "Vidic with the tackle." If im playing at Old Trafford and Ivanovic takes Rooney out I want it to sound like the crowd want to see bloodshed, visa versa, if im in Stamford Bridge and Ivanovic makes the same move I was to hear approving applause, followed by the inevitable "WHHHAT??!?!?!" noise when the fans disagree with the inevitable free kick decision. No emotion in the game turns it into a monotonic pile of boredom for me. The game needs more immersion. Thats probably what I liked most of FIFA World Cup 2010, the goals felt... important. I want to see Javier Hernandez unable to control his arms after a big goal, I want to see Charlie Adam ripping his badge off after thumping home a pen (oh yeah, if Im taking a pen away from home I want to be sweating to the point where I cant hold a controller and dont want to look), I want to see Michael Dawson and William Gallas screaming at the linesman...

I want to feel like i'm playing a football game.

Form. Form is non-existant in the game. Wayne Rooney in FIFA 11, given time and space in the box, will score. What if he is having a stinker? If you miss a few shots early on, ESPECIALLY with lads like Berbatov, you should not want to pass the ball to them, in the same way, if Berbatov scores early on, give him the bloody ball and watch him perform moves out of Black Swan. I want to be thinking "My god Park is having an absolute mare, get him off." or "I should have started with Nani." as opposed to, Valencia has no energy left, he will come off. Jamie Redknapp loves the line "On his day, ______ is unplayable." Why cant some days be his day on FIFA. Big Kenwyne for example. When Kenwyne Jones is having a worldy, he is Drogba with dreads. On FIFA 11, Kenwyne Jones is, what, a 78 overall? Thats what you get, 38 games a season. Some matches he should be Heskey with deads, some days, Drogs. A consistency rating should have a bigger impact, Jones' would be low, Edwin Van Der Sar for example should be the exact same every game regardless. Thats one thing I dont think EA get, every footballer is different. In FIFA 11, there are 3 types of player: a)Lionel Messi, b)Average Joe, and c)Ronnie from Jersey Shore. (Ronnie being clearly the most effective).

The other day I was at my mates house, a few of the lads were, someone suggested a game of FIFA, and honest to god my mate replied "Ehh... Yeah, but lets be honest, I'm going to pick Man United and youll be Chelsea and you will win 2-1, Drogba and Torres for you and Rooney for me." The reply to that was, "We could be different teams." but we then realised it makes absolutely no difference. We played one game of FIFA, and went "lol lets be super random!" Final score? Orlando Pirates 1-2 AEK Athens.

It used to be that FIFA was that smoking hot girl who you fancied, but when you got to know her she was a total bitch and absolutely no fun, and PES was the kind of fat girl you didnt want to look at, but had such a great personality that you just wanted to be around her. Now, FIFA is a girl who is gorgeous, and when you first go out your having the time of your life, but then she becomes the worlds biggest whore and wakes up every morning with the sole purpose of making your life hell. And PES is that cheerleader girl from America who woke up one day and couldnt walk or talk, unless she did it in a certain way (if you dont gets this metaphor, Youtube "cheerleader cant walk" and what I mean is PES is only good if you set your mind to play it in a different way than is natural). I hate football games right now. Thats why I having this affair with NBA 2K11, she is from a different country, so its a long distance relationship, but she is a hotty and she treats me right.

Only now have I realised how much ive typed. If you stuck with it then thank you, if you didnt I dont blame you, it got a bit weird at the end. But i am so passionate about Footy games, I have been since I got ISS 64 on the N64 when I was 8. Indoor footy on FIFA 98, the half way line goals of FIFA 2001, the pin point free kicks on FIFA 2003, the fake shots of PES 4, the Adriano goals of PES 5, the pile of garbage that was FIFA 07 and PES 08, the potential of FIFA 08, the new car smell of FIFA 10. I am hoping for the game I want, the game we all want. Will it be FIFA 12? No way. Will I buy FIFA 12? Absolutely. Im probably going to start the thread on where we can get it early, but I deserve better, we deserve better. To be honest, having realistic expectations for FIFA 12... I'd settle for a career mode with a youth system, realistic budgets/trasnfer activity, player growth and a bit of a challenge.

Homer_drools.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

The custom celebrations were great in '11, but I would like them to be a bit more "cinematic" now! Like have the screen zoom in on the player and shake and change angles etc.

PLEASE FINALLY make it so the lobbed through ball doesn't land right at the running players feet every time...

Add it that kits get dirty over a game, and if its a rainy mucky game, the kit gets far dirtier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fifa is going well with the realism side of things, but one thing I would love to see added to the game are some fun arcade type options you could enable when playing local games with your mates just for a bit of fun.

Examples:
    Indoor Mode - Basically the same pitches and pitch size but with a giant glass box along the line so the ball never goes out of play.

Low gravity mode for the ball only obviously so the ball sails miles when you kick it and feather touches are really important or you'll lose it. Combine this with the above indoor mode for utter madness.

High gravity mode ball only again. Making the ball shoot to the ground even if a lobbed pass/cross is attempted.

Turn fouls/free kicks off which would allow you to have mental games where you literally kill each other for the ball.

Psycho Referee, if you hit the ref with the ball or accidentally pass it to him, ho starts dribbling it towards your goal and passes it to the other team after a little bit then goes back to normal.

Low Pitch Friction Mode, if you make a slide tackle, you'll slide for an extra 10/20 feet, making it easy to hit a player off the ball. Ball also travels really fast along the ground.

Mini Goal Mode no keepers and smaller goals. Shooting isn't possible outside the box.

Death Ball mode, if you take a shot and it hits another player (except the keeper), it can cause an injury. (Minimum player count per team would be off in this mode).

Rubber Ball / Ping Pong Ball Mode, the ball acts like one of those bouncy balls. And even receiving a pass could be easily messed up. Combine with Indoor mode for more utter madness.

Drinking game mode, the Fifa drinking game, implemented into the game. Number of drinks flashes on the screen for whatever player is required to drink. A second score is displayed under the normal score. Showing the number of drinks you forced the other player to drink. Winner is still obviously who scores more goals.

There are just a few I came up with on the spot. I'm sure other people would have even better ideas to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

i hope they fix the constant losing connection to the ea servers, it cost me 3 games last night.

always seems to happen when ur in the mood to play it aswell

Advertisement