Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Trim to Dundalk

Options
  • 08-04-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone else commute from Trim to Dundalk - on average what length of time does it take to be there for 9am ish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well Dunshaughlin to motorway near Dundalk is less than an hour so in and around an hour or so would be a good guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

My OH regularly goes Trim-Navan-Slane-Drogheda in about half an hour, and Dundalk is another 20mins up the road. Navan is the only traffic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

Sorry for bring up an old tread but considering changing jobs and working in Dundalk now instead of Blanchardstown.

How do you find the commute OP and how long does it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Cgoodie

The office has since re-located to Drogheda but I did the commute from Trim to Dundalk for over 6 months. I found it to be an easy enough commute - I had been used to doing an hour's drive to Naas before that.

It usually took about 50 mins to an hour and for the time I was going to work I didn't really have any traffic issues - it was mainly just waiting at lights in Navan and Slane.

hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If you have to drive on the Dundalk bypass from the motorway (the dual carriageway from the motorway to the Crowne Plaza hotel) be aware that it gets very busy when the students are back in college from around 8:30 till just after 9:00.

• Advertisement
Advertisement