Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAGE CONTENDER X : DUBLIN : 23 JULY 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

WELTERWEIGHT

Rich "Sauza" Gorey (Pedro Bessa) v Kieran Davern (Tuatha de Dannan)

Unfortunately Tom Sullivan has broken his hand and will not be able to compete as planned. We have taken the opportunity to roll out one of our signed fighters for the first time. These to lads have very different skill sets and should prove to be a decent match up

Richard Gorey is a serious grappler. Gonna be a real good fight, Davern will have to keep it standing. IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

WELTERWEIGHT

Unfortunately Tom Sullivan has broken his hand and will not be able to compete as planned. We have taken the opportunity to roll out one of our signed fighters for the first time. These to lads have very different skill sets and should prove to be a decent match up

Contrasting styles usually always leads to a decent contest.

I just want to also wish Tom a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Magic M

c'mon men... anybody see decky fight young?... not a bit of leather landed on deckys face... moore tough fighter but the diamonds gonna blow him away... moores hands are heavy but u gotta hit and not be hit !!! whos he trainin wit mayweather lol
    :rolleyes:

Yes I did see the fight and the only outcome that stood out to me was these 2 images.Youngs face after the Moore fight and his unmarked face after the dalton fight. (not dissing young by the way! hes a very good fighter love watching him) but moore is an ever improving fighter that adapts well to situations he picked off young beautifully which resulted in a 3rd round stoppage, young hits very hard and has great boxing, how can you state that brian can easily be hit when he took basically no damage in the fight?? also no he doesn't train with the mayweathers he trains with the best stand up clubs around and has the best training partners anyone could ask for in SBG........ FACT.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

If I can paraphrase the Black Eyed Peas "I gotta feelin' that, that nite is gonna be a good nite"

Some crackin fights on the card can't wait. Its as exciting as Christmas when you're a child!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

If I can paraphrase the Black Eyed Peas "I gotta feelin' that, that nite is gonna be a good nite"

Cringe! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

If I can paraphrase the Black Eyed Peas
    Ill stop ya right there. NO YOU BLOODY WELL CANT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

Ill stop ya right there. NO YOU BLOODY WELL CANT!!!

hahahaha.... Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Looks really good, nice, I'm impressed!

Is that a SBG t-shirt on the punch bag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

Bags dont hit back ;)

the last time he fought a person wearing that logo he was on the receiving end of that...july 23rd will be no different.

be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Bags dont hit back ;)

the last time he fought a person wearing that logo he was on the receiving end of that...july 23rd will be no different.

be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Funny stuff, opponent we knew zero about and it's light hearted

John this time will be very different, the late pull out screwed him up last time.

Trust me don't get too cocky

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

im not cocky, but i would not put a 'rush' t-shirt on a bag and have one of my guys hit it for a video - disrespectful imo.

john got hammered by chris's sparring partner. in the meantime chris has gone onto beat the then 10-4 lee chadwick and 18-14 bjj blackbelt mario stapel. john has signed a modelling contract. my confidence is based on evidence.

im not cocky, but i would not put a 'rush' t-shirt on a bag and have one of my guys hit it for a video - disrespectful imo

well sorry if it hurt your feelings it was not meant in any serious way, also John is handsome but don't be fooled he is well able to fight.

Sbg have our respect and that's why John will come in ready for a tough fight

Chris' training will be brought to a new level

see you on the 23rd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

As a member of the media for this show I'm thanking all of those posts. Juicy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

2 coaches hyping their fighters with resorting to childish namecalling, I love Irish mma.

_oveless wrote: »
    2 coaches hyping their fighters with resorting to childish namecalling, I love Irish mma.

Trust me, it has no bearings on anything our end, were training for a tough fight and that's irrespective of any hype that may come from this-any animosity is 1 sided as it's just a fight like any other, chris is a good guy and still will be after the fight win or lose.

John was fully focused on training anyway so no need for us to up anything.

Im confident in my fighter but certainly not interested in name calling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

This kind of stuff may wind up some camps, I can imagine, but to be honest its a great piece of pre fight promotion hype for a fans standpoint (Thanks John F). A fan could be sold on that, which can only be a good thing in the end. Hype, Hype, Hype, awareness, etc. etc. All the best to both fighters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Nice back and forth there, pumped for this fight now :D

mikey1 wrote: »
    This kind of stuff may wind up some camps, I can imagine, but to be honest its a great piece of pre fight promotion hype for a fans standpoint (Thanks John F). A fan could be sold on that, which can only be a good thing in the end. Hype, Hype, Hype, awareness, etc. etc. All the best to both fighters!

To be fair Mikey1 I had totally missed the SBG thing on the bag until it was pointed out. I know that JK was pretty p*ssed off when he seen it cos he was straight on the phone asking had I put them up to it. This fight was gonna be tasty enough but now there is some genuine spice added.

• Advertisement

Don't worry I'll still have a big man hug for John and chris if they want 1, direct the rift 1 way as that's how were playing it-me and John can have a staring contest across the cage if really necessary! It's the 2 lads who need to get in and do there stuff, should be fun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

To be fair Mikey1 I had totally missed the SBG thing on the bag until it was pointed out. I know that JK was pretty p*ssed off when he seen it cos he was straight on the phone asking had I put them up to it. This fight was gonna be tasty enough but now there is some genuine spice added.

John
    I didnt think you did have anything to do with it. its obviously not in your best interest to piss off any of the camps involved. But on that note it might be an idea to somewhat stage these things in the future to add that extra piece of spicyness! :)

Mick T

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Almost_Victorian_30_by_AilinStock.jpg

Gosh, I wonder if there isn't some sort of way we could settle this like gentlemen, oh I dunno, on a rotating disk armed with heavy sticks or something!

the video is worth a watch, its what always springs to mind when fighters get snarky with each other!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

pre hype videos are the way to go John F. gives the newer fans an opportunity to see who the fighters are, teams are and adds some pre show excitement!

da-bres wrote: »
    pre hype videos are the way to go John F. gives the newer fans an opportunity to see who the fighters are, teams are and adds some pre show excitement!

Yep I totally agree!! This one in particular has been a great promo tool. From when Redmond stood up from the crowd when Fields was leaving the octagon at CC9 to remind him he was coming for the belt and now the training video (not to mention the little bit of afters from the respective coaches). Promo Gold :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 KneesStopFight

Magic M wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Yes I did see the fight and the only outcome that stood out to me was these 2 images.Youngs face after the Moore fight and his unmarked face after the dalton fight. (not dissing young by the way! hes a very good fighter love watching him) but moore is an ever improving fighter that adapts well to situations he picked off young beautifully which resulted in a 3rd round stoppage, young hits very hard and has great boxing, how can you state that brian can easily be hit when he took basically no damage in the fight?? also no he doesn't train with the mayweathers he trains with the best stand up clubs around and has the best training partners anyone could ask for in SBG........ FACT.:)

dude brian has a cut in that picture lol! lol decky didnt look like he even fought lol... if youngs boxing is so great how come he didnt land a glove on decky?? if im mistaken?? GSP vs Hardy... at what stage of the fight did hardy ever look like he was goin to win? he didnt even get a sniff, and got smashed the full 5x5s. yet didnt have a mark on his face after! its mma, not competition on how much you can disfigure some1s face haha! tell you what ill make a prediction and tou can make yours... if brian chooses to stand wit decky he's going for a kip! ZzZzzz! plus i garentee moore has first takedown attempt!!! Oh sorry i forgot all hail SBG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

both these guys are really tough and respect to both fighters but moore finished him and hes finished almost all his fights by submission ,tko, ko ,its gona be a ripper of a fight but imo moores got everything in his tool box to win and i believe he will do just that !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 K.Byrne_BJJ

After seen Chris` videos of his recent fight (who btw was a BJJ Black Belt) and even though the fight did hit the ground , chris was able to get up, stand and bang and by jesus did he kick the leg off his opponent.. to be honest iv seen john redmonds fights, but Chris Fields Stand up and Wrestling is on a completely different level. redmond did lose to chris` sparring partner, so you have to consider if chris` sparring partner left redmond in a bad way imagine what chris will do..tbh i dont think redmond will stand a chance.

After seen Chris` videos of his recent fight (who btw was a BJJ Black Belt) and even though the fight did hit the ground , chris was able to get up, stand and bang and by jesus did he kick the leg off his opponent.. to be honest iv seen john redmonds fights, but Chris Fields Stand up and Wrestling is on a completely different level. redmond did lose to chris` sparring partner, so you have to consider if chris` sparring partner left redmond in a bad way imagine what chris will do..tbh i dont think redmond will stand a chance.

1st off John dominated shiels in that fight till he stupidly gassed himself out!!

2nd everyone is going on about Chris beating a bjj black belt, thats not worth a thing in a striking match which is what the bjj lad tried to do and even had chris folding up several times, I did not see any BJJ or attempts at it in that fight, it's like saying you beat a Boxer who done nothing but grappled-means nothing.

Im not saying John will win but i am confident that he will, Chris is a talented fighter but has a fight on his hands and a lot of pressure as if he loses he's lost to his easiest! opponent..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Outsider looking in.

Hands, John has heavy ones. Chris was tagged by Chadwick and fought back bravely but he was tagged badly in the third.

Kicks, Chris's long legs should be to his advantage in keeping a distance. He landed something crazy like 17 in RD2 vs Chadwick.

Ground , due to club i would give it to Chris but all I'm hearing is that John is looking very very good on the ground too.

Either way it's going to be a win win for the fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

both these guys are really tough and respect to both fighters but moore finished him and hes finished almost all his fights by submission ,tko, ko ,its gona be a ripper of a fight but imo moores got everything in his tool box to win and i believe he will do just that !!

cool opinion man and every1s entitled to there own... and u got it right, these 2 boyos are so well matched i dont think it will come down to skill or technique... balls and heart could win this... and on that, both have just as much.. dude, deckys full mma record is 6-1-0 wit 4 knockouts and the other two wins were complete dominations, pro is 3-0 wit 2 ko!! that was Ds first fight in 9 months and he wasnt as sharp as he can be...if elbows wer allowed in the young fight lavery would have been callin time shortly after decky picked him up like a bag of coal., and elbows are allowed in the moore this fight aint they? will be good cant wait... also roddy davis should be unreal

Bleacher Report preview on CCX HERE

cowzerp wrote: »
    1st off John dominated shiels in that fight till he stupidly gassed himself out!!

lol

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

God damn... now I want to delay my holiday to see this fight. :D

DeV.

• Advertisement

and if you really want to get into nitty gritty... 3 of his 4 KOs were at lightweight...1 of which we was preparing for a fight at 66 then stepped in against some1 who was 76, didnt even make lightweight limit of 70. he made 71... and he got pounded out for it!

and if you really want to get into nitty gritty... 3 of his 4 KOs were at lightweight...1 of which we was preparing for a fight at 66 then stepped in against some1 who was 76, didnt even make lightweight limit of 70. he made 71... and he got pounded out for it!

This will be a great fight, i'd favour Dalton but Moore is strong and determined and not to be underestimated..

Peter and Dave are so excited about the CCX fight card and all the hype around it they couldn't contain themselves and have done a wee dance!!! HERE :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

cool opinion man and every1s entitled to there own... and u got it right, these 2 boyos are so well matched i dont think it will come down to skill or technique... balls and heart could win this... and on that, both have just as much.. dude, deckys full mma record is 6-1-0 wit 4 knockouts and the other two wins were complete dominations, pro is 3-0 wit 2 ko!! that was Ds first fight in 9 months and he wasnt as sharp as he can be...if elbows wer allowed in the young fight lavery would have been callin time shortly after decky picked him up like a bag of coal., and elbows are allowed in the moore this fight aint they? will be good cant wait... also roddy davis should be unreal
    I have a name....so I would prefer you used it instead of calling me ' Lavery' like some fookin schoolteacher....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BigMan29

i dont think brian moore knows what hes in for....

• Advertisement

BigMan29 wrote: »
    i dont think brian moore knows what hes in for....

he actually doesnt, i told him it would be a game of ping pong please dont ruin the surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lighting1

cowzerp wrote: »
    This will be a great fight, i'd favour Dalton but Moore is strong and determined and not to be underestimated..

spot on there paul, brian is coming on very well in all aspect's of his game and should not be underestimated but decky is at another level overall. i train with decky on a regular basis and have fought brian moore and i personally think decky will have the upper hand in all areas, this will be a good fight tho for the fans and i will be buying a ticket just for this fight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BigMan29

he actually doesnt, i told him it would be a game of ping pong please dont ruin the surprise.

even in an innocent game of ping pong moore is doomed

BigMan29 wrote: »
    even in an innocent game of ping pong moore is doomed

actually quite true, he doesnt lol.. which is funny.. i think moore will have believed in his hand until 23rd july. decky stood wit young for like 3 mins of the whole fight... dont take much frm the morris fight his hands arent great... although moore dropped him i believe which shows he can clip.. theres lightening took a fight wit moore on few days notice and boxed the lugs off him.. heatin up!! think fields will take redmond out 1st round. clinch, then trip, ground and finish! regardless of redmonds 'motivation training'! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

actually quite true, he doesnt lol.. which is funny.. i think moore will have believed in his hand until 23rd july. decky stood wit young for like 3 mins of the whole fight... dont take much frm the morris fight his hands arent great... although moore dropped him i believe which shows he can clip.. theres lightening took a fight wit moore on few days notice and boxed the lugs off him.. heatin up!! think fields will take redmond out 1st round. clinch, then trip, ground and finish! regardless of redmonds 'motivation training'! lol

Anybody who thinks Decky Dalton is going to blow through Brian Moore is in for a serious shock!

I presume lighting is Liam Murray. Who Brian fought over a year ago! I can guarantee that Brian is on a completely different level now, numerous levels improved in fact! You're comparing Brian a year ago to Decky now.

I think Brian will do just fine in this fight! :)

Gorey_R wrote: »
    Anybody who thinks Decky Dalton is going to blow through Brian Moore is in for a serious shock!

I presume lighting is Liam Murray. Who Brian fought over a year ago! I can guarantee that Brian is on a completely different level now, numerous levels improved in fact! You're comparing Brian a year ago to Decky now.

I think Brian will do just fine in this fight! :)

actually if u look at a slightly older post of mine i said that they wer both so well matched that it will come down to who wants it most, so dont quote me and tell me i think hes goin to blow him away, never mind the main event this fight will be better ... the only real thing i have said will blow moore away is deckys hands, i completely agree moving to sbg has worked wonders for moore though he still makes some of the mistakes he made against liam in recent fights, D will find the gaps! decky has weakness, but where ? and again it mma wer talkin stand up it can go anywer.

CAGE CONTENDER FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE
    "Rowdy" Owen Roddy (SBGi/Primal) v Benjamin "Son of Life" Davis (PBS)

CAGE CONTENDER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE
    Chris "The Killing" Fields (SBGi) v John "Wrecking Machine" Redmond (RFA)

BANTAMWEIGHT
    TBC v Richie Edgeworth (Ryano)

WELTERWEIGHT

MIDDLEWEIGHT
    Henry "Herculez" Fadipe (Lucan) v TBC

FEATHERWEIGHT
    Decky "The Diamond" Dalton (FAI) v Brian "The Pikeman" Moore (SBGi)

WELTERWEIGHT
    Vlad Malko (Cork City Combat Sambo) v John Ging (Tuatha de Dannan)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Sebastian "Tiao" Torres (Team Torres) v Phillip Mulpeter (SBGi)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Pat Sheridan (Kokoro) v Peter Quelly (Waterford MMA)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Rob Byrne (Kokoro) v Paddy McBride (Rillion Gracie)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Paul Hamill (Lucan) v Joe McColgan (Frames Tai Jutsu)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Stephen Coll (Rillion Gracie) v Kev Young (Krause MMA)

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Darren Geasley (Boxing Clinic) v Fabio Viti (Lucan MMA)

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Blaine O'Driscoll (Lucan) v Joe Roache (Spirit MMA)

WELTERWEIGHT
    James McClarnon (PHK) v Oisin Coburn (Legends)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Henry "Herculez" Fadipe (Lucan) v TBC
    No more Forsythe?

Final thoughts Redmond vs Fields.

I see Chris approaching this very like the Ryan Kelly fight rather than the Chadwick one. I think if he gets into that game of trying to pick John apart with Leg kicks John will get his timing down very quickly.
    John at all costs has to avoid the clinch with Chris. I dont see Chris' shot really bothering john but his greco against the cage is a completely different story. If Chris gets on top regardless of how much I hear about johns ground game improving I dont see it gettin back off the mat.
    Saying that if john lands 1 or 2 big shots on the feet I can see Chris Breaking.
    Neither guy has really shown an ability to fight back after bein taken right out of their comfort zone and pairing this with the fact that both guys constantly look to finish I dont see this goin past the 1st round(unless they have a very long feeling out process/ but in that case I see Redmond drawing 1st blood).
    Gonna finally go out on a limb though and say Chris will walk away with the win on this occasion. But I doubt this will be the only time they meet.

No more Forsythe?

Pull Outs

Ben Forsyth - Pulled out due to aggravating an old knee injury.

Richy Ivory - Has had an injury and has been unable to train fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

I really can't wait for this now! Looking forward to getting in there, whooping ass, getting my hand raised and marching on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement