Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Day out Ideas

Options
  • 08-04-2011 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Some thing cheap and cheerful. Somewhere to bring a picnic, maybe camp out or a castle to visit .. Any ideas? This weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Some thing cheap and cheerful. Somewhere to bring a picnic, maybe camp out or a castle to visit .. Any ideas? This weekend.

Ashford Castle in Cong, is always nice, to check out the grounds and have a picnic there too

Coole Park in Gort is also an idea

Esker Retreat Monastry in Athenry is really nice to, alot of nice trails to walk around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

Just discovered the huge amazing playpark in Doughiska today - well worth a visit. Bring your bucket and spade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Are you looking at Galway county? Great place is Lough Key Forest Park in Roscommon. Great camping area, walks, playground.

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Are you looking at Galway county? Great place is Lough Key Forest Park in Roscommon. Great camping area, walks, playground.

I've been thinking about going there myself. Is there alot of walking trails there. How long would it take to wander around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Second the playpark in Doughuisce. Woods plus Tiny castle looking thing nearby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Aero28 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about going there myself. Is there alot of walking trails there. How long would it take to wander around it?

We love it, there are alot of walking trails, they have a map and you can take 3 different trails. You could do the Lough Key Experience, it pay in tours, we did it really nice, kids loved the bridge. The have adventure parks there for kids, we use the smaller one and it is the best I have been in in Ireland.

We usually go up camping so are there for a day or two.

RubyGirl wrote: »
    We love it, there are alot of walking trails, they have a map and you can take 3 different trails. You could do the Lough Key Experience, it pay in tours, we did it really nice, kids loved the bridge. The have adventure parks there for kids, we use the smaller one and it is the best I have been in in Ireland.

We usually go up camping so are there for a day or two.

Cheers, I must take a drive up there one of the days

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Palace Grounds in Tuam have lovely walks and plenty of areas and benches for picnics. One of the most under used facilities in the area unfortunatley.
    Also Rinville Park where there are lovely walks and picnic areas. great place to let kids loose

Advertisement