Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Package

Options
  • 08-04-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I am in the position now, where I want to move on to billpay.. I have researched and researched and it appears that the only unlimited plans are on either meteor; or emobile.

How good do you reckon, is 150 texts a month to a person?! I could send that in one day :(

Why are our mobile phone providers so slow in coming round to the idea of proper competiton on their plans?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You need to be a little bit more specific.

Are you looking for SIM only (keep your current phone) or do you want a phone with it?
    Do you mostly text, with little calls, or is it 50:50?
    To what networks do you send most of your texts?
    Do you need data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I text a lot and call a lot - to no specific network. This is why I need unlimited.

I use a lot of data now and on a prepay mobile, this isn't ideal.

I would be happy to get a high spec Android phone, and rid myself of the low spec one I currently have :)

What network are you with at the moment? And to what network are most of your calls and texts?

Meteor do a plan for €40 per month with free calls and texts to Meteor numbers, 400 minutes and 400 texts to other networks, plus 2GB of data on an 18 month contract.

Three give you 350 units (1 minute or 2 texts, so 350 minutes or 700 texts, or a combination of both) plus all you can eat data for €40 or 650 units plus all you can eat data for €60. You also get a choice of a free add-on (150 texts, or free landline minutes, or 150 weekend minutes). You also get 3,000 three to three minutes each month. Both on an 18 or 24 month contract.

Vodafone and O2 give far less minutes, texts or data for similar pricing to Three or Meteor but do offer free on network calls and texts, so if most of your calls and texts were to either of those networks, they may be worth a look.

That is a lot of info!
    I am on meteor PAYG.

I would like to stay with meteor; they seem to have the best deals.. 3 I know are extremely difficult to get a contract with, I know a girl who works with them.

I text a lot of different networks, this is the problem :( The €40 meteor plan sounds very good. I just wonder how easy it is to go over this plan? Is it even worth looking at their €85 a month plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

That is a lot of info!
    I am on meteor PAYG.

I would like to stay with meteor; they seem to have the best deals.. 3 I know are extremely difficult to get a contract with, I know a girl who works with them.

I text a lot of different networks, this is the problem :( The €40 meteor plan sounds very good. I just wonder how easy it is to go over this plan? Is it even worth looking at their €85 a month plan?

meteor have the unlimited plan for 75euro a month if you sign up online. I think the 75 is for the first 12 months and includes 5gb of data.

• Advertisement

racer1 wrote: »
    meteor have the unlimited plan for 75euro a month if you sign up online. I think the 75 is for the first 12 months and includes 5gb of data.

I was looking at this.. I'm trying to figure out, if it is worth paying almost double; in case I get a bill for hundreds!

I'd be very surprised if anyone went over the threshold on that plan. 45,000 minutes and 5,000 texts? Serious amount of usage. 5GB should be plenty even with heavy mobile browsing, youtube, facebook.

Kensington wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if anyone went over the threshold on that plan. 45,000 minutes and 5,000 texts? Serious amount of usage. 5GB should be plenty even with heavy mobile browsing, youtube, facebook.

What I meant was - is it worth paying double (€75 instead of €40) to ensure I don't go crazy on the €40 plan!

Only you can decide that one!
    5000 texts is 166 texts a day, every day for 30 days.
    400 texts is 13 texts per day to non-meteor (your meteor texts are included in the €40 plan).

If you were prepared to limit your usage somewhat you should easily be able to stick to €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 are no more difficult to get a contract with than any other provider. Whoever you go with remember you can go up plans at any stage if your usage is higher than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kildare101

I would recommend to go go with 3 and use a free app to send txts to take advantage of the all you can eat data. I swapped over 2 years ago and cant complain about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Could you consider the emobile unlimited plan? Its 49 if you are an eircom customer, 59, if not. Browsing could be added 1GB for 9.99, or unlimited for 15.99. They use use the Meteor network, so you will know exactly what you will get. Bear in mind Metoer/eMobile are in the habit of asking for a large deposit from many customers, existing, or otherwise.

The other good option would be one of 3's Classic Flex MAX plans. Personally neither my sister, mother or I have had any trouble getting a contract with 3. Can't complain about the price, service or coverage.

Advertisement