Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for female supervisor?

Options
  • 08-04-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just about ready to hand up my thesis and I would like to get something for my supervisor as a sign of gratitude. She has been very good to me and I would like to get her something nice. Obviously nothing too personal as its a professional relationship.

So does anyone have any suggestions? If you finished your master/phd did you get your supervisor something, if so, what?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

A big thank you card and a pint was my offering. Is chocs or flowers too mainstream?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Was actually going to start a similar thread.... Except my PhD supervisor is a man!

I had a female supervisor for my BA dissertation and I bought her a bottle of wine and box of chocolates as a present (plus a thank you card!). Not sure if that helps you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I like the mug, something like that would be good, its a bit smart arse and professional. I'm trying to avoid chocs and wine stuff, dont want to give her the impression I fancy her, ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Just an idea but I know of a student who got one of the supervisors one of these notebooks

http://eng.art-blanc.info/products.htm

Along with a nice pen that was in a box you can get them in Easons I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement