Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night rate electricity not kicking in

• 08-04-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey all,

I live in an apartment that uses the night electricity to power storage heating/ and all other appliances that run at night. Over last 10 days it hasn't been kicking in every night.

I rang ESB and they came outa nd checked meter and all is working ok.

There is a little dial in my fuse board for the night elec with -2 to +2 on the dial. The light on the dial stays red when night rate on and is green when day rate. The nights it wasn't working the light was staying green.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

The problem is the issue isn't constant, like it works for 1 day doesn't for next 3 then works again for 2 nights and off again for 3

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

That thing with the dial is probably a devi reg controller , to tell the difference between the outside temps at night & the inside one required. With the last few nights being a bit milder it sounds like the controlloer has decided you don't need heat , or is set up wrong. I suggest you get an electrican to have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bestirishspark

The device with the red and green indicators is most lilkey a "DEVI" controller. This device is connectrd to an outside tempature sensor. The devi controller is designed to control the input into the storage heaters according to the ambient outside temps. It is very lilkey that there is nothing wrong and the Devi controller is simply doing what it is designed to do.

Check this out
    http://www.devi.co.uk/downloads/devireg/08095671.pdf

Advertisement