Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn 6 for €12

• 08-04-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Somebody asked me before about what beers were 6 for €12 in Superquinn but I can't remember where so I decided to make a thread. Here is the full definitive list. Offer is available until 19th April (but possibly will be on again after that). All beers are subject to availability and may not be available in all stores.

Adnams Innovation
    Adnams The Bitter
    Affligem
    Asahi
    Chimay Blue
    Crabbies Ginger Beer
    Curim Gold
    Duvel
    Franziskaner
    Fullers London Pride
    Furstenberg
    Grolsch
    Hofbrau
    James Boag's
    Krombacher
    O'Hara's Red Ale
    O'Hara's Celtic Stout
    Paulaner
    Peroni
    Porterhouse Brainblasta/Hersbrucker/Oyster/Plain/Red
    Samuel Adams
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Singha
    St. Peters Organic Ale
    Staropramen
    Tooheys Extra Dry
    Wells Banana Bread Beer
    Wells Waggle Dance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

While it's there, IMHO:

Adnams Innovation - Essential
    Adnams The Bitter - OK
    Affligem - Meh
    Asahi - Meh
    Chimay Blue - Yum
    Crabbies Ginger Beer - Bluergh!
    Curim Gold - Meh
    Duvel - Yum
    Franziskaner - Yum
    Fullers London Pride - Meh
    Furstenberg - Meh
    Grolsch - Yawn
    Hofbrau - Meh
    James Boag's - OK
    Krombacher - Meh
    O'Hara's Red Ale - OK
    O'Hara's Celtic Stout - Yum
    Paulaner - OK
    Peroni - Yawn
    Porterhouse Brainblasta - Essential
    Porterhouse Hersbrucker - OK
    Porterhouse Oyster - Yum
    Porterhouse Plain - Yum
    Porterhouse Red - Meh
    Samuel Adams - Yum
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Yum
    Singha - Meh
    St. Peters Organic Ale - OK
    Staropramen - Meh
    Tooheys Extra Dry - Meh
    Wells Banana Bread Beer - OK
    Wells Waggle Dance - Meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Dang Superquinn in Ashtown has a very bad selection. :mad:

St. Peters Organic Ale, a few of the O Haras and thats about it.

I have been trying to get them to get Sierra Nevada pale ale in but no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I agree with most of your comments there but I would swap Franziskaner's yum with Affligem's meh.

I've not had Affligem in a few years. I shall give it another punt, so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

BeerNut wrote: »
    I've not had Affligem in a few years. I shall give it another punt, so.

Nyom Nyom Nyom

Me in France

IMG_0188.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Beernut, I have to say I agree with the lads re Affligem. Used to get it on draught in France and really got to like it.

Agree with most of your other ratings. Crabbies definitely deserves your special "bluergh" as it is drain cleaner!

I've stumbled into a meeting of the Affligem Defence League...

Definitely getting a bottle soon. Though Superquinn Sundrive didn't have the 6 for €12 signs up at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BeerNut wrote: »
    Fullers London Pride - Meh
    :eek:

Beautiful beer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kombacher :D Crap no superquinn out where I live.

London Pride bores the absolute arse off me. In London I'd much rather have Young's Ordinary. Bottled, I'd go past it for ESB every time.

I'm aware how unpopular my opinion on this is, so I went to The Victoria on Strathearn Place: reputed to be *the* place to drink Pride under optimal laboratory conditions. Still bored. Lovely pub though, and strongly recommended, especially if you're into Fuller's beer any way at all.

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of ESB though, but I just really really like London Pride. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I drank a lot of it around the time I got into homebrewing and it was possibly the first beer I associated with that hoppy flavour. So maybe I view it through a hop tinted palate.

It's a real pity that Tesco increased the price of it too. It used to be €1.99 a bottle but now it's €2.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

It's a shame Superquinn don't stock O'Hara's IPA. They've never been able to answer me as to why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Saermegil

is this offer really on? can find no mention of it online!

Saermegil wrote: »
    is this offer really on? can find no mention of it online!

http://www.superquinn.ie/shopping/shopping/Specials.aspx?DEPTID=100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Saermegil

tried quperquinn rathgar today, horrible selection of beers, no special offers in sight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Anyone know if the offer's still running at all?

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Anyone know if the offer's still running at all?

It ended last Tuesday. I will let you all know if it comes back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

KJ wrote: »
    It ended last Tuesday. I will let you all know if it comes back again.

Cheers man, appreciate it!

Was in Superquinn in Ashtown today, they have a new sign up (wasnt there before) saying 6 world beers for 12 euro, so this offer must be still on.

They also have been restocked with great selection of porterhouse beers and Sierra Nevada pale ale amoung others, woop woop.

Filled in one of those feedback cards a while ago requesting them to get SNPA into Ashtown, expecting it to be ignored, there ye go. :)

slayerking wrote: »
    Was in Superquinn in Ashtown today, they have a new sign up (wasnt there before) saying 6 world beers for 12 euro, so this offer must be still on.

They also have been restocked with great selection of porterhouse beers and Sierra Nevada pale ale amoung others, woop woop.

Filled in one of those feedback cards a while ago requesting them to get SNPA into Ashtown, expecting it to be ignored, there ye go. :)
    Thats strange, its not on offer in my shop. Must check that out on Friday. We always have the pale ale but the only people that buy it are me and the occassional person I recommend it to. As for Porterhouse, we never have Wrasslers or Hop Head which is a shame.

• Advertisement

Thats strange, its not on offer in my shop. Must check that out on Friday. We always have the pale ale but the only people that buy it are me and the occassional person I recommend it to. As for Porterhouse, we never have Wrasslers or Hop Head which is a shame.

I picked up 6 bottles last night and it rang in at 12 euro. I'd imagine the offer is in all. Maybe its still in but not advertised.

From memory, Superquinn Ashtown has Porterhouse plain, Oyster, Brainblasta, Red, Hersbrucker, O'Haras Red + Curim, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, St peters Organic Ale, Duvel... maybe a few others

Are all the Irish beers included in the offer? I only ever bought the SN when availing of the offer.

Are all the Irish beers included in the offer? I only ever bought the SN when availing of the offer.

BaZmO* wrote: »

Yep, I picked up 4 SNPA's, a Porterhouse Red and a Porterhouse Plain.
    12 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,198 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I have noticed that the offer often runs in different stores at different times; the moral here is to try shop around for it if you can, easier said than done in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I have noticed that the offer often runs in different stores at different times; the moral here is to try shop around for it if you can, easier said than done in fairness.

The offer has been on in Superquinn Blanchardstown for about a year (at a guess). It's advertised pretty often in the Superquinn weekly leaflet, and othertimes on the shelves themselves, but even if it isn't the offer seems to stand.

Their stock will be taking another pounding this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Somebody asked me before about what beers were 6 for €12 in Superquinn but I can't remember where so I decided to make a thread. Here is the full definitive list. Offer is available until 19th April (but possibly will be on again after that). All beers are subject to availability and may not be available in all stores.

Peroni
    Peroni comes in a 690ml bottle in Superquinn HSQ, surely these arent 6 for 12?

slayerking wrote: »
    Yep, I picked up 4 SNPA's, a Porterhouse Red and a Porterhouse Plain.
    12 euro.
    Cheers, although I was more thinking of the likes of O'Hara's because they're something like €2.99 each? 6 for €12 would be a decent saving on those. Not so much on the Porterhouse.

My local Molloys has a great deal on Portehouse beers, 4 for €7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Cheers, although I was more thinking of the likes of O'Hara's because they're something like €2.99 each? 6 for €12 would be a decent saving on those. Not so much on the Porterhouse.

My local Molloys has a great deal on Portehouse beers, 4 for €7

O'Hara's is included, as are more expensive beers. I got 2 x Adnams Innovation (usually €3.49 each), 1 x Young's Chocolate Stout (also €3.49, not listed in OP?), 2 x O'Hara's Stout and 1 x O'Hara's Red yesterday all for €12. As usual there was no sign in the Blanch store about this but it appears on the receipt.

Do you know if the Porterhouse deal is in all Molloys?

• Advertisement

O'Hara's is included, as are more expensive beers. I got 2 x Adnams Innovation (usually €3.49 each), 1 x Young's Chocolate Stout (also €3.49, not listed in OP?), 2 x O'Hara's Stout and 1 x O'Hara's Red yesterday all for €12. As usual there was no sign in the Blanch store about this but it appears on the receipt.

Cool. Must pick up a few so.

I got some Sierra Nevada in SQ Walkinstown yesterday and the offer was still on even though not listed.

Not sure. Molloy's Clondalkin (my local) posts here a bit so maybe he knows?

Advertisement