Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do with last year communion suit?

Options
  • 08-04-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

I have the most gorgeous 3pc suit and clarks black shoes that my lad wore for communion last year - sitting in the wardrobe in the cover, after wearing it for 3 hours:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd like to give it to someone who really needs it, but I'm reluctant to give it to a charity shop as I've heard so many stories of staff taking stuff regularly...have any of you come across a good way to recycle boys suits from last year, considering there are so many in dire straits at the moment, other than charity shops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I'm not sure... but the first places I'd think of would be the noticeboard in the school for the year behind your son? Or perhaps a notice board or parish newsletter in the local church?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I had never thought of a noticeboard in a school. There are a few schools in my area where I'm sure I could put a notice about it, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You could try adverts.ie or jumbletown also. Or maybe someone here might PM you about it if you indicate that that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

It's ok:)

I would love that someone got it who really needs it, so if anyone wants a fab grey pin stripe 3pc boys suit (with pink shirt & tie) and black clarke shoes (size3) that were never worn, please pm me, I'd love to pass it on. Hope it's ok to say this here mods:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Every little helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

I used to work in a school and there, the outgoing communion class parents gave the dresses (in my case) to the Principal who passed them onto needy families without anyone else knowing...not even the child. The outfits were always put to good use and I saw my daughter's dresses a couple of times..I would approach the Principal's and let them pass on the outfit to those in need, kids are very funny about such things. When my eldest started 2nd level she told me of a girl who was bullied mercilessly as her Confo clothes came from Dunnes, new and lovely but Dunnes. Despite all best efforts the girl moved school within the year.

Also Principal's know those who really deserve the help and those who are out for all they can get!!

Advertisement