Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My cat's "friend" is trying to move in

• 08-04-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice. My cat Annie has "made friends" with a local cat. She spends most of her time with her in the garden.

Recently though if our back door or kitchen window is open this cat will come straight into the house. The cat doesn't wear a collar but seems to be in very good condition and is friendly enough so I'm not sure if she is a stray or not.

I don't want to encourage this if the cat does belong to someone, like I said she is healthy with no obvious signs of neglect. She doesnt try to steal food, I think she just wants the company of Annie. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanya1988

I would ask around your neighboor hood if anybody owns that cat and maybe put up a poster or two and if nobody claims it to take the cat yourself if thats what you want? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Looks like you've been adopted
    If you feed the cat it will never go

The cat probably has another owner but cats are fiends for moving out and shacking up with someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

you could have a neighbour worrying to death about where their cat is - send it home! Lots of cats won't keep collars on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

We've had a vaguely similar situation - I just took the approach of never feeding it, or encouraging it and running it out if it put a paw past the door.

It was the only way. If it was my cat, and someone else was encouraging it into their house, I wouldn't be best pleased....

Obviously if it was a stray and looked starving, that would be slightly different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

If you have a spare collar, put one on the 'guest' along with a note and see what happens :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Thanks everyone, I am not encouraging it at all, in case it does belong to someone, anytime it does try to get into the house we chase it out. My own refuses to wear a collar, she manages to take them off and hide them somewhere so I have given up trying to get her to wear one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Maybe put a "found" sign up locally in case someone is wondering where the cat is? If there's no response, maybe keep the cat?
    Btw, when I read the title, I thought you meant a cat of the opposite sex whom your cat engages in carnal relations with - didn't think you literally meant a friend. How fupping cute! :D

Although maybe Annie fancies girls... :)

Advertisement