Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with good views

Options
  • 08-04-2011 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey

Can anyone recommend me some pubs with nice sea views that are not too far from cork city? Maybe up to an hours drive. Places like bunnys or the blue horizen. I have to entertain some friends from abroad and want them to have a nice view while they sip there murphys.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

If you're willing to drive about an hour and a half (and you have good weather) you should head down to Baltimore in West Cork. There are three or four pubs/restaurants along the main seafront bit there, great views out on to Sherkin Island - you could even bring your guests over to the island for a ferry trip, there's a pub and a hotel on it, with more lovely views!

Closer to the city, Kinsale could be a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I think you answered your own question with Bunnys, very nice sopt. Always enjoy sitting outside the Spaniard in Kinsale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199162_195046973850042_147934691894604_583495_6921173_n.jpg

There is something I like about the views form Electric on the Grand parade...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I like the docks bar in Kinsale. They have an outdoor area overlooking the harbor and looking back into town.

http://www.ireland.com/food/pubs/the-dock-bar/210954

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Been to all mentioned so far but best by far is Hayes's or the place next store to it in Glandore.
    Possibly nicer but problematic is the new beer garden thingy in Dunmore house hotel. Looks out accross inchadoney beach. However not always open but suppose you can always walk the 2 mins to get beer from main bar and walk down. Would need to check theres not a wedding on though as itd be reserved for them then.
    Bunnys not the same since they obstructed the views. Wouldnt consider the docks a sea view but nice spot, electric cool view in city centre but river. If its river your after also consider anglers rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Been to all mentioned so far but best by far is Hayes's or the place next store to it in Glandore.

+1 on this.
    Sunny day with a pint bottle of bulmers sitting on the wall. I try get down there every summer for it. Such a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Bunnies

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Would also recommend Hayes' in Glandore. Lovely spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Glandore is at least an hour from the city, no? Or more even? Bunny's or Kinsale would be a lot closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

stay in the City - head to the Hawthorn, go upstairs and have a view over the lough http://www.hawthornbar.com/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 kezia21

I am Hugely biased having a holiday home there but Bunny's all the way! Its only 20 mins from Cork city, so easy to get to-also if this weather keeps up you can sit outside at the tables and if it gets nippy the barmen will give you a fleecey blanket for yourself, a nice touch that I've never seen anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Glandore is at least an hour from the city, no? Or more even? Bunny's or Kinsale would be a lot closer.

reckon Glandore an hour and 5 or 10 minutes but way nicer then Bunnys or the Docks or elsewhere in Kinsale. If youve not been well worth it and can check out drombeg stone circle nearby.
    Dont know why yould bother with Bunnys since they had to put up the fencing, views are spoiled.
    Pink Elephant another option in Kilbritain but again Glandore by far the most attractive place. Stunning, but no mobile reception.

There has to be somewhere in east cork? Beergarden of the Titanic restraunt in cobh was nice but presume its still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

The Bulman in Kinsale would get my vote. Also concur with Bunnies

Advertisement