Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac-like Two Finger Scroll on a windows laptop?

• 08-04-2011 3:07pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm generally not a fan of Apple products. I do have a Macbook (kinda a pre-requisite for djing) and its fine for general surfing etc but i still prefer windows. One thing however that I just absolutely LOVE is the fact that when on a web page you can drag down with two fingers to scroll down the web page. So handy. having to click and hold the side scrollbar on windows is such a pain in comparison. Also mac's don't have a right click, you touch two fingers and click instead. I hated it at first but now I love it.

Anyways, I was delighted to come across this: http://txpress.blogspot.com/2009/06/two-finger-scroll-for-windows-laptop.html - thing is I tried it and it does not work. I'm on a Dell latitude.

Does anyone know any other programs that do this? or can you get this one to work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Most trackpads have a scrolling area in the side and bottom and have done so for donkeys years.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

True but they are completely pants and not a patch on how it works on a Macbook

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I know that this contradicts your OP but it sounds like you prefer your MacBook. Browsing tends to be 70-80% of my time on my mac and I think the trackpad gestures are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

have you tried using the arrow keys

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

For browsing the web at home etc, yes I love it. For doing anything other than internet, i prefer Windows. Thing is, my work laptop which I use all the time, is a Dell, and I'd just love the two finger scrolling on it if I could get it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Zascar wrote: »
    True but they are completely pants and not a patch on how it works on a Macbook

Can't say i've ever had a problem with it. Did you try updating your trackpad drivers? Depending on the model you might be surprised at the gestures it can recognize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just use the arrow down key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Just use the arrow down key

Or the PgDn button? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

I use this software for double finger scrolling on my dell 1521 Inspiron

http://www.uscrybe.com/

There are a couple of other weird features that I just disable but the 2 finger scrolling works. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

the two fingers thing works vertically and horizontally on my hp pavilion dv7 and i don't even have a regular horizontal scrollbar. Cool feature and i never knew of it.

Advertisement