Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place for used games?

• 08-04-2011 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Cheapest place for used games in Ireland? Smyths/Gamestop/Xtravision/Online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

cant beat xtravision. its definately cheaper than gamestop for used games. only problem i have with xtravision is that i have brought the box to the counter to pay for a game and then they cant find the disc. its happened at least 5 or 6 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

adverts.ie is pretty decent aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Have gotten some good bargains from ebay myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Nowhere is really cheaper than anywhere else. Just keep an eye out for bargains. There's always sales

I got Dead Space 2 for €24 in Argos a few months ago
    I got Fallout: New Vegas for €15 on Zavvi.co.uk
    I got Guitar Hero: Metallica for €7 in HMV today
    I got Assassin's Creed 2 in Xtra Vision about 6 months ago
    Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition for €30 around the time of launch in Gamestop
    Some stupidly cheap deals on Play.com
    Forza 3 ultimate edition for €15 on Amazon last week

Shop around :D

EDIT: They were all actually new games (but do that! They're as cheap, if not cheaper than used games, and the developers get money from your purchase!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd advise signing up to the mailing lists from the likes of Amazon, Shopto, Play.com, Zavvi.com etc. I got Fallout New Vegas off Zavvi for 15 euros a month or so back, (I found out via e-mail) I buy all my games online now, what you pay for 2nd hand in store you can buy online brand new for cheaper the vast majority of times. I used to use Xtravision, never gonna step foot in a Gamestop again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

Cool thanks guys :D

Advertisement