Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice pubs around Dublin for going to O2

Options
  • 08-04-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I will be in Dublin early tommorow around 1pm and am looking for some nice pubs etc to spend the evening before I go to the O2 arena for a concert.

Can anyone recommend some nice pubs, i dont mind having a bit of a walk around, was never really out in Dublin so dont know too much about the place. What Temple Bar like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the boat on the liffey is cool, well worth a visit. its called the mv cill airne and its docked beside the conference centre
    temple bar is a hole imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

nellocono wrote: »
    What Temple Bar like?

Its an expensive kip, there's a reason why Dub's don't go.

What kind of pub do you like?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I like the Ferryman, which is across the other side of the Liffey, not too far of a walk from the O2.

As everyone else said, steer clear of Temple Bar. I guess it really depends what you like in a pub tho, lots of variety around, but if you want to stay close to the O2, i'd recommend the Ferryman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Ferryman is a kip

There's actually a pub called Harry's Bar which is right beside the O2. It's underground, great decor and they do really nice cocktails (with offers)

As you get off the luas and walk to the 02 you see the awning for Harrys Bar and a stairs going down. Thats where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

the boat on the liffey is cool, well worth a visit. its called the mv cill airne and its docked beside the conference centre
    temple bar is a hole imo

100% agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ferryman is a kip

There's actually a pub called Harry's Bar which is right beside the O2. It's underground, great decor and they do really nice cocktails (with offers)

As you get off the luas and walk to the 02 you see the awning for Harrys Bar and a stairs going down. Thats where it is.

Ferryman is nice but pricey and touristy. Isn't Harry's Bar for O2 ticket holders only though?

The bar at the 'top' of Gibson's I believe is quite nice and the Green Room across the corner as well.

Advertisement