Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Regs

Options
  • 08-04-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Can someone confirm for me if the bathroom light and extract fan are now meant to be on the rcd in a new install? I think i heard that somewhere but am not not sure.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bestirishspark

Updated to ETCI regulations in 2008 require that all electrical equipment in barhrooms need to be RCD protected. This is an addition to the requirment for RCDs on socket circuits and RCDs on any device which are associated with water. (Immersions,showers,pumps etc). Another addition in the 2008 update is the requirment that kitchen sockets in inaccessable locations (Behind appliances etc) can be isolated from over the worktop.

In short you need to provide RCD protection on the bathroom lighting circuit. icon12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

I was thinking that, thanks for confirming for me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

it must be independent rcd/rcbo for 'lighting' but if you're outside zones or use selv you don't need it

standby lighting or light outside zones not need for domestic bathrooms when using 30mA(i confirmed this with reci inspector)

Advertisement