Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Almost Films own death!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What a plank....

Yeah I was going anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

gave me a fright :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

when i read the title i was thinking of this one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

167990d1301984522-animated-gif-thread-car_windshield.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

mixednuts wrote: »
    when i read the title i was thinking of this one ...

that guy was killed in this clip , taxi driver from the US , they use it for school traffic education , poor fecker :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

dj jarvis wrote: »
    that guy was killed in this clip , taxi driver from the US , they use it for school traffic education , poor fecker :(

Must be his spirit saying **** at the end of it so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

The lil trailer ahead of her kicked it up, it was on road,
    Lot of planks on road here too

I noticed the usual YouTube trolls shouting "FAKE" ... eh... bit hard to fake don't you think? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Why was she filming the back of a truck? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

a lot of people film there journeys in the states for insurance reasons shud dey get into a crash the cameras are usually fixed on the dashboard she wasnt holding it otherwise sheda dropped it with the fright of the experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That's some scary freaky sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

from the person who posted the clip :confused:
    some guy dozes off at the wheel. when he comes to, its too late. you'll be happy to know our protagonist was not injured and is gainfully employed...as a school bus driver!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I had to watch that video several times to see what happened, I couldn't see where the plank came from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

bluto63 wrote: »
    I had to watch that video several times to see what happened, I couldn't see where the plank came from!

As the quality of the vid is poor and dark if you go to 31-33 secs in you can see a dark spot on the road if you pause and keep tapping the spcaebar to pause and start to step it along and you will see the plank go from road to windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

silverharp wrote: »
    from the person who posted the clip :confused:

Assuming that's true, that driver is insanely lucky. How someone could survive being bounced around the car like that and put through the window, let alone escape injury, is beyond me.

On the plus side, I don't feel bad now for laughing at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

2 questions;

1) Why was he recording a seemingly normal trip at that exact moment, using a portable device?

2) Why was he holding the camera as he was driving?

This could be a suspicious video!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mrDerek wrote: »
    a lot of people film there journeys in the states for insurance reasons shud dey get into a crash the cameras are usually fixed on the dashboard she wasnt holding it otherwise sheda dropped it with the fright of the experience
    Eh? Was the camera just levitating inside the car then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

NUTZZ wrote: »
    2 questions;

1) Why was he recording a seemingly normal trip at that exact moment, using a portable device?

supposedly the driver was recording the other cars as he/she was going to report them for dangerous driving.
    Yeah good one buddy, and recording off your phone isn't dangerous driving no?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

perhaps they had a camera strapped to her head for insurance reasons as mentioned above

or they thought there was somethig up with the truck passing and decided to film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

NUTZZ wrote: »
    2 questions;

People film their journeys all of the time. There is plenty of folk on youtube including a Dublin Taxi Driver who is a member on Boards who films journeys. They do it to spot bad driving and just in case something happens i.e in this case a wooden plank coming through their window.

As for the camera. There is many ways to mount a camera in a vehicle. On your head as a hat, On the dash, on the rear view mirror etc etc.

But you can clearly see the wooden plank on the road and getting run over by the the trailer in front and leaving the road and hitting the window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

it really is like somthing out of final destination
    (yeah I stole the first youtube comment, but its true wanna fight about it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

He's fine, I have seen an interview with the guy about the accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It's just a freak accident, and although her filming is bizzare, there's nothing to suggst it's fake. Just one of lifes little coincidences, girl messing around with phone and plank comes through window.

When you think of the amount of camera phones in the world, amazing / strange stuff is bound to be captured every now and then.

The second clip is scary, dude almost gets decapitated by car rolling at the end, as his head goes out the back window.

ALWAYS wear your seat belt kids.

Advertisement