Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in the blood rogue

Options
  • 08-04-2011 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Has anyone read 'in the blood rogue' by James Carlos Blake? I thought it was superb but very brutal. would anyone recommend any more of Blake's novels? could anybody recommend anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

could anybody recommend anything similar?

Blood Meridan by Corman McCarthy is a similar story,but its a harder read .Out of the two In the Rogue blood would be my favourite .Some of Blakes books are hard to get , I only have one other "Wildwood Boys "that I have yet to read.

Viva los San Patricios!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Wildwood Boys was the first James Carlos Blake book I read and it gave me an interest in the Kansas/Missouri border wars during the American Civil War.

I'd also recommend The Other Side by Kevin McColley and Woe To Live On by Daniel Woodrell.

Gates of the Alamo by Stephan Harrigan is a great read and also The Borderland by Edwin Shrake is an epic novel set in the early days of the Republic of Texas.

Advertisement