Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

May 2011 intake

• 04-04-2011 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi all,

Just received an email to attend training on the 6th May. Anyone else get same? Let me know. I am probably planning on travelling down on the 5th too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jenny81

the_view wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just received an email to attend training on the 6th May. Anyone else get same? Let me know. I am probably planning on travelling down on the 5th too.

Hey, i also got the email today for the same date, i had only rang them last week and they told me that the may intake was full and i didnt make that one, which suited me grand cause i will only be back from australia on the sat before, i get really bad jet lag so i dont know what to do now, was gonna ring them tmrw and see if they can put me in on the next training :confused:
    So annoyed, been waiting do long

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

jenny81 wrote: »
    Hey, i also got the email today for the same date, i had only rang them last week and they told me that the may intake was full and i didnt make that one, which suited me grand cause i will only be back from australia on the sat before, i get really bad jet lag so i dont know what to do now, was gonna ring them tmrw and see if they can put me in on the next training :confused:

you should try to make the training as you might not be given a next time, its the self defence training that knocks the stuffing out of you and it wont done the first weekend..:rolleyes:..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 the_view

jenny81 wrote: »

Jenny you may as well give it a bash and get it out of the way!! A week to recover should be fine no?!?:rolleyes: It'll be a good test of stamina haha. Anyways by the sound of the talk in here it's good craic and enjoyable. They obviously put you in this intake if you were looking for it last week, so I doubt messing around with them on it would be wise. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭seedorf117

got a call for the 6th of may :) anyone else????:)

Who else is going down on the 6th May? I plan on heading down on the night before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Barnett17

the_view wrote: »
    Who else is going down on the 6th May? I plan on heading down on the night before
    Hey The_View! Im called aswell thank god, so ill be heading down on the 5th the thursday night! Do we have to let them know were staying down? will they email us more information about it? Ive sent on my birth cert and sent my acceptance email but heard nothing back yet? :) I cant wait now :)
    Im Michelle by the way!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

Barnett17 wrote: »
    Hey The_View! Im called aswell thank god, so ill be heading down on the 5th the thursday night! Do we have to let them know were staying down? will they email us more information about it? Ive sent on my birth cert and sent my acceptance email but heard nothing back yet? :) I cant wait now :)
    Im Michelle by the way!:)

Hi, can i ask when did you guy's do your medical? I did mine last Wednesday :D but dont think I'l be called for the 6th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 clarky09

Hi guys,

I was part of the March class but could not take part in self defence as i sprained my foot a few weeks before but i've been put in May class and will only be attending the self defence, be down on the Friday evening to meet you all for a few in Polly's! We were warned not to drink too much on the Friday night as you would be told to go home if u arrived to self defence on saturday morning smelling of alcohol lol!! You guys will be getting fitted for uniform on Friday evening, in all its a long day on friday. WORD OF ADVICE!! Bring lots and lots of Red Bull for the Friday class! Drop me a message if you'll be there that weekend :D

clarky09 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was part of the March class but could not take part in self defence as i sprained my foot a few weeks before but i've been put in May class and will only be attending the self defence, be down on the Friday evening to meet you all for a few in Polly's! We were warned not to drink too much on the Friday night as you would be told to go home if u arrived to self defence on saturday morning smelling of alcohol lol!! You guys will be getting fitted for uniform on Friday evening, in all its a long day on friday. WORD OF ADVICE!! Bring lots and lots of Red Bull for the Friday class! Drop me a message if you'll be there that weekend :D

Hi Clarky,

I'll be down there that weekend. How did the whole weekend go? ANy surprises for you?

Well, Heading down Thursday night now :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 danje

hey lads im heading down thursday from dublin, just wondering what time people are heading down there for?

danje wrote: »
    hey lads im heading down thursday from dublin, just wondering what time people are heading down there for?

Hey damje, couple of folk ive talking with leaving around 6pm to be there for 7.30/8.

Hi danje yeah anyone i've been talking to is heading down for 7:30/8 also, see you then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 danje

cheers lads see you down there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I hope everyone enjoys their time in Templemore this week-end and that you all come home with some positive memories and a few new friends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭seedorf117

Great few days, everyone in the class dead on! Few drinks in pollys last night, bit tired this morning, self defence good and the role playing etc...Looking forward to phase 3 in july!!

Advertisement