Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef AU (Season 3)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Mr E wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it will be next week - it's something they would have hyped at the end of the last elimination episode. No doubt to make it fair, they'll bring back a few previous contestants and make a challenge out of it so someone will have to win their way back in fairly.

As long as its not a dessert, there is a good chance the person who deserves to come back will come back. :)

I think I read that they weren't bringing anyone back this year.

Does anyone get the masterchef magazine? Would love to get it, but its too expensive to get it sent across.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dinkie wrote: »
    I think I read that they weren't bringing anyone back this year.
    Yeah.. but they couldn't have anticipated that someone would be kicked out.

Better to give someone a second chance than be short-changed on contestants in the final week.

Doesn't look like it will be next week - it's something they would have hyped at the end of the last elimination episode.
    Looks like it's Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah saw that.... dun dun dunnnnnnn! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 campbellu

Hi Guys
    I dont know where you guys are watching this but the link I have had and watched all 3 series Daily seems to be down since episode 50 ? Can anyone help?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

campbellu wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I dont know where you guys are watching this but the link I have had and watched all 3 series Daily seems to be down since episode 50 ? Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    As per our charter:
    Don't ask where you can download/stream TV shows or give any links to them. Infact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

I really enjoyed the immunity episode.
    Dani's enthusiasm is infectious. I think she could go all the way.

She this year's Marian.. only more likeable! :D

Ah no, she's a very solid cook, always very happy and extremely likeable.

Cute too!

EDIT: Although I did know the outcome before it aired.. on Monday night's promo for the big shocker this evening, she was sitting on the couch wearing an immunity pin when Matt Preston was talking! :DSeems like I wasn't the only one (although I didn't spot her wearing it in that screenshot)!

I'm on a half day, so I just watched it.
    No frills, he was caught, rules broken, and to be fair to the others, he had to leave.

No ceremony about who they brought back either... they had a contingency plan for situations like this.

Kind of disappointed with the lack of drama, to be honest. Maybe it was deliberate to protect the reputation of the ejected contestant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

I really enjoyed the immunity episode.

So is her crying-it seems to make the whole lot of them cry. Wuzzies!

Also, the "Master" should be taken out of the title. These guys are not Masterchefs.

Still, glad
    Peter
    is gone.

• Advertisement

They're not masterchefs - they're amateurs. The winner is the masterchef and deserves the title. You don't bluff your way through a competition like this!

And I was sorry to see
    Peter
    go.... a very down to earth person.

And I was sorry to see
    Peter
    go.... a very down to earth person.
    Yeah, nice guy to be honest!

Although I was glad it wasn't
    Dani or Michael
    , and also Hayden is very good too.

Jesus how ridiculous was Hayden's 'tache? :)

Great episode today. I'm surprised they didn't give Marcus Samuelsson a credit. He is a bit of a celebrity chef - he was a winner of Top Chef Masters a few years ago and he (and the Red Rooster) are well known in New York.

Looks like the end could be near for
    Sun

Jesus how ridiculous was Hayden's 'tache? :)
    I know.. even looked like George and Gary had problems in figuring why he would leave that stupid looking 'tache there.

Twas a very enjoyable episode..
    Michael
    is still my favourite in the competition and I thought his street vendor schtick was superb.

Even the little joke in asking George if he wanted chilli! :D
    Looks like the end could be near for
    Sun
    May I be the first to say..

128787863446284781.jpg

Along with
    Alana
    , she's never struck me as a strong chef. I know they don't get this far without being talented chefs but take
    Alana
    for example, how many times have you seen her been called out as being a top dish? Once.. possibly? Definitely don't see them winning it.. but I've been wrong before.

I do think the final 5 will be awful tough to call - am hoping
    Dani, Michael and Hayden (sans stupid 'tache) are in it though!

Another fun episode today.... definitely the toughest challenge by far.

The 'tache is gone, another person I'm not a massive fan of has gone to lockdown,
    Ellie
    won a challenge (and I was absolutely delighted for
    her
    ).

I'm not sure if you noticed the little dig towards
    Sun
    at the end - I'm going into lockdown with
    Sun
    - it's not going to be fun. :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

what channel is this series being shown on and when. i have taped a load of episodes of watch in the morning but just watched them today for the first time and they are the second series.

Only being shown in Oz right now m.j.w.

Watch will probably have it same time as last year (September / October)

Been a bit behind for the last few days so caught up tonight..

Thought the "dinner party" episode in New York was superb..
    but very unexpected (especially Dani and Hayden being put into elimination, but Michael looked depressed as soon as he presented dinner throughout til the announcement). And just when you thought things couldn't go any worse for Ellie and Alana, they go to the wrong Four Seasons! :D

And as for the elimination..

** sings **

The sun won't come out tomorrow.. bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be no sun!

Thank God... about bloody time!

It could be the toughest Masterchef Oz to call yet.

Ah the sun sets on a week in New York.... :)

Great week (especially the dinner party yesterday).

Dalai Llama on Sunday? Holy moley....

Dalai Llama on Sunday? Holy moley....
    I heard about that a few weeks back..

.. apparently, he can't "judge" them because.. well, he's the Dalai Lama.

(one 'L'.. not like this)
    dalai_llama_card-p137589128240702337qi0i_400.jpg

Gonna be an interesting last few weeks.. probably only about a month or so left at this stage.

• Advertisement

Just watched the Dalai Lama episode. Really uplifting stuff and some great food created.

If
    Ellie doesn't use her immunity pin tomorrow, then she is a moron.
    :)

Also got confirmation that this is the 3rd last week. That puts the finale on Sunday August 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just found this online the other day, online 12 episodes in so far so I've a good bit of catching up to do! I like the changes they've made so far anyway.

Although the old theme song was much better!

Just one week to go.

Absolutely delighted that
    Alana
    got through. She'll be in the finale for sure (I'm guessing against
    Michael
    ).
    Dani
    , as likeable as she is, has been making lots of silly mistakes for the last couple of weeks.

Well that's that. :)
    All over for another year.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the first half, but the second half was great. That dessert looked stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

Do you know whats happening with Season 2 on Watch - they seem to have stopped showing it - I've become addicted and have serious withdrawal issues...

Was away for the weekend so only got a chance to watch the finale last night.. it was very good (and congrats to
    Kate
    ) although I would have
    preferred Michael to win - the guy started off as being a relatively good cook but really came into his own mid-way through

The one thing that bothered me about the final was (and it may have just been me) they said
    they loved Kate's dish but they seemed to absolutely "wax lyrical" about Michael's dessert (the silky smooth meringue etc) and yet Kate got more points
    . It's just seemed a little off!

Anyways, enjoyable year and a massive gaping hole left in my viewing schedule now.

Yeah I noticed that too. Based on the reviews that they got at the end, I was thinking "
    Michael
    is going to win."

Strange alright.

Yeah I noticed that too. Based on the reviews that they got at the end, I was thinking "
    Michael
    is going to win."

Strange alright.
    Maybe that was the point though.. to keep you guessing... that it could go either way.

Strange!

Advertisement