Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower help....

• 08-04-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

I know my waterford board helpers will help out more than other forums thats why im putting here , as many people know the lawnmowers are back in action and after a long time not in service , sometimes they refuse to work again :( thats where my problem is , as far as i can see i have water in my petrol tank and the lawnmower will start but cuts out after 3-4 seconds , iv filled up petrol tank with petrol hoping it would help but no joy anyone have or had similar problem that could tell me what to do :confused: cheers .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Try and siphon out the fuel tank top it up again, and try to start it.
    Maybe it needs a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

check the air filter on it too....mine was so dirty one spring it was like a lump of coal....I'm not good at maintenance....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

probaly best joo if you can remove the petrol tank and drain it and replace with fresh petrol and it wudnt do any harm to give the air filter a wash out with a bit of petrol aswell but leave it to dry out before you go starting it,and also if it has been sitting all winter with fuel in it ,the petrol could have gone off and could of blocked up the jets in the carburettor..you will have to take the carb apart and unblock the jets if thats the case,,its not hard to do if ya have the tools and a basic knowledge of the running of the it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

That happened me this week. Mower would start but would then cut out. Petrol ok/oil levels ok etc

I took out the spark plug, gave it a rub on my tshirt, put it back in and it started straight away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

Bring your mower to a fella in Tramore by the name of Harold Setters. Very cheap to fix them. Heres a link to him on sayso:
    http://www.sayso.ie/en/tramore-31010/harold-setters-p12717761

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Drain the tank and under the airfilter you will see the carb, this will have a bowel held on by a single bolt open the bolt and as it comes loose any fuel in the carb will leak out, be careful when taking this bowel off completly in case anything drops out. dry this bowel and put it back in place taking care not to damage the seal. Refill the fuel tank any give it a try...... happy cutting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Thanks for all the helpful replies lots of help their il give it a go today and hopefully i get cutting then :D

Best of luck OP, let us know if it comes back to life for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Thanks again i got it working after cleaned out the oil and petrol and carb and replaced with clean oil and petrol , working fine now :D

jo06555 wrote: »
    Thanks again i got it working after cleaned out the oil and petrol and carb and replaced with clean oil and petrol , working fine now :D

Nice one!! no stopping ya now!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement