Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warriors Run 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

The design company are a joke, they should remove their link from the warriors site out of shame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The design company are a joke, they should remove their link from the warriors site out of shame :)

Thought it might have been on runireland, but not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

there's a countdown on it now. It's opening at 1pm.

It's like trying to get tickets to see 'right said fred' or whatever it is those cool kids are listening to these days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

cloneslad wrote: »
    It's like trying to get tickets to see 'right said fred' or whatever it is those cool kids are listening to these days :p

I think "Weezer" is where it's at these days, get with the program!

Don't want to miss the run this year, my legs fell off last year so I couldn't train, have a physio appointment this evening for another injury but hopefully not too serious this time.

I just completed registration there, slow, but got there in the end.

Good PR for the race, they can claim demand was so high the servers crashed :)

• Advertisement

Done (i hope), went though paypal, got my receipt, clicked to return to the warriors website, and crashed again.

38 registered so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

I've just completed the paypal section of registration but keeps crashing when it tries to bring me back to the Warriors Festival site!!!

Frustrating as the site stated "You must return to the Warriors website after payment to complete registration and be assigned a bib number."

don't worry about it crashing upon return to the site. It happened me too but I still got my confirmation e-mail. I've registered myself and my brother, just trying to get my cousin registered and then I'm done.

Being unemployed has its benefits at times :)

Then, to google more about weezer and their teenage dirtbag song so I can be hippin and a hoppin like the youngsters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

cloneslad wrote: »
    don't worry about it crashing upon return to the site. It happened me too but I still got my confirmation e-mail. I've registered myself and my brother, just trying to get my cousin registered and then I'm done.

Being unemployed has its benefits at times :)

Then, to google more about weezer and their teenage dirtbag song so I can be hippin and a hoppin like the youngsters

+1 on the website problems.
    I just emailed them now with my Paypal reciept number etc.
    The only email I got was from Paypal, no sign of a bib number.

got the confirmation email from PayPal alright but now just wondering how do I get the bib number assigned - anyone any ideas???

• Advertisement

I just got an e-mail from the warriors run themselevs, acknowledging my registration. It also provided me with an invoice number too.

No bib number, but I'm sure it will be provided at a later date anyway. I'm still trying to register my 3rd person but the site is down, on the upside, it's most likely down for everyone so it's hopefully nothing to worry about

am after getting a few emails from the festival themselves one of which has a BIB number - happy days. now all i have to do is train!!!

website just crashed due to unprecedented traffic. Surely they should have forecasted this happening and been able to switch to a bigger server for one day.

I can't imagine demand was even in the thousands so it really is poor planning by the web staff.

My wife and I registered, and both completed the payment with Paypal, but after that there was an error coming back to the warriors site. We both received emails from Paypal confirming payment.

I received an email with the bib number coming from a live.ie address, my wife just received an email with the invoice number from the warriorsfestival.com address, no bib number. Mine had Paypal PDT in the subject, hers had Paypal IPN in the subject, which are two different mechanisms Paypal uses to confirm transactions with the vendor. When you complete payment, Paypal is meant to connect back to the warriorsfestival server to confirm that it has processed the payment, obviously with the server issues this isn't always happening.

Whatever the case, Warrior's account with Paypal will have the records so if you received an email from Paypal, I wouldn't get stressed about it, I'd say it'll get sorted soon, the organisers will probably have a bit of a headache from wading through emails for a while though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Tried to get on the site there and it said that registration would be up and running by tomorrow?!

Do you think there is still any places left? Shítting a brick here and I really don't want to miss out. Absolutely livid.

Have my email from warriorsrun.com as well. No bib number, but not to worried at present. Website was down again, thier stating an issue with paypal.

Lornen wrote: »
    Tried to get on the site there and it said that registration would be up and running by tomorrow?!

Do you think there is still any places left? Shítting a brick here and I really don't want to miss out. Absolutely livid.

Hopefully should be okay, there was about 40 places gone when I was doing mine a couple of hours ago, think it collasped shortly after that. Lets hope the server is up to it though with the aditional traffic its going to face when it does come back on line.

;)

irish-stew wrote: »
    Hopefully should be okay, there was about 40 places gone when I was doing mine a couple of hours ago, think it collasped shortly after that. Lets hope the server is up to it though with the aditional traffic its going to face when it does come back on line.

;)

I hope so too :( How many spaces are up for grabs anyway?

I hope so too :( How many spaces are up for grabs anyway?

800. Are you on FB, the warriors festival page are updating the situation.
    Update - Our website will be back up and running tomorrow morning upon which this mornings problems will hopefully be no more. Anyone who registered this morn and only got a PayPal email, consider yourself registered and we will manually allocate your bib/pin number by email to you.

800. Are you on FB, the warriors festival page are updating the situation.

I am indeed Stew, can't see anything past the 4 of May.. Like no updates. Hope it's the right one... So registration only started at noon?! Wow! Can't believe how badly this has been slapped together. Yargh. Think it'll take long before the run reaches capacity?

• Advertisement

I am indeed Stew, can't see anything past the 4 of May.. Like no updates. Hope it's the right one... So registration only started at noon?! Wow! Can't believe how badly this has been slapped together. Yargh. Think it'll take long before the run reaches capacity?

This one here.
    registration didn't open till one in the end, crashed shortly afterwards. Keep your eye on the FB page and offical page. Hopefully they will give a time when things will start again.

;)

This one here.
    registration didn't open till one in the end, crashed shortly afterwards. Keep your eye on the FB page and offical page. Hopefully they will give a time when things will start again.

;)

Ah I just asked them if they knew what time registration would be back on at. I'm working tomorrow, flip them anyway!

Sorry to annoy you Stew but is it only through paypal you can pay?

Ah I just asked them if they knew what time registration would be back on at. I'm working tomorrow, flip them anyway!

Sorry to annoy you Stew but is it only through paypal you can pay?

Payment is just handled by them, you dont need to have a paypal account.

Not sure if a debit card will work if you dont have a credit card though. Sorry, didn't look out for that option.

Payment is just handled by them, you dont need to have a paypal account.

Not sure if a debit card will work if you dont have a credit card though. Sorry, didn't look out for that option.

Ah cheers Stew you're a gent! Nah, I got a credit card so I'm all good. You get those fit yellow trainers or are you still browsing? :pac:

Ah cheers Stew you're a gent! Nah, I got a credit card so I'm all good. You get those fit yellow trainers or are you still browsing? :pac:

I'm still browsing, it was up in Ennisklllan where I seen them. Was passing through there again the other day, couldn't be bothered to stop though to see if they got any other colours in. It was lashing down, coming up to rush hour, I was tired, and in no mood to find a space and walk around the shops.

:D

Waiting to see if heatons/elveries/john kents get them in. It was one of them I had seen them in before, other wise it will be off to amazon I go.

I'm still browsing, it was up in Ennisklllan where I seen them. Was passing through there again the other day, couldn't be bothered to stop though to see if they got any other colours in. It was lashing down, coming up to rush hour, I was tired, and in no mood to find a space and walk around the shops.

Waiting to see if heatons/elveries/john kents get them in. It was one of them I had seen them in before, other wise it will be off to amazon I go.

I got through enniskillen 2-4 times a week, I live in monaghan, the g.f lives in Sligo, if you need someone to pick them up send me a message and i'll get them for you.

Oh and 196 places are gone. It's on an update on the facebook site, That was in 20 minutes, not bad averaging 10 people a minute for the race.

Ah understandable. I knew my gait analysis so I just went on the Nike site and they have a Nike plus section or something along those lines and they give you the shoes suitable for your running style and you go from there!
    Amazon would more than likely be cheaper though. Hmm!

The site is still not up and running yet, wondering what constitutes as mid/late morning to most people because 12p.m is noon guys! :pac:

Ah understandable. I knew my gait analysis so I just went on the Nike site and they have a Nike plus section or something along those lines and they give you the shoes suitable for your running style and you go from there!
    Amazon would more than likely be cheaper though. Hmm!

The site is still not up and running yet, wondering what constitutes as mid/late morning to most people because 12p.m is noon guys! :pac:

Late morning could be anything up to midday

How are the new runners by the way? Comfy?

Late morning could be anything up to midday

How are the new runners by the way? Comfy?

Yeah.. Patiently waiting here. Refreshing every few minutes. Nada!
    I'd say 12p.m is the time it'll open at considering that's when it was yesterday.

They are way comfy Stew! Ridiculously so :eek:
    Powered out 5km in 22 minutes there on Sunday morning and I could have gone longer but alas, I don't think Tesco would have appreciated me jogging around the place when picking up some groceries :pac:

• Advertisement

It says on the facebookpage that the site is going through final teting and that it should be up and running just after 12pm

Advertisement