Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warriors Run 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

cloneslad wrote: »
    It says on the facebookpage that the site is going through final teting and that it should be up and running just after 12pm

Going to explode from anxiety :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Lornen wrote: »

Ewww.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Hi folks, I'm helping out the Warriors Festival Committee. Just to give a heads up on the problems encountered with registration.

I'm not an IT head but the jist of the problem yesterday was that an external program that communicates info from PayPal to Warriors Website (via email) went into meltdown due to the amount of people trying to access it. There was never a problem with this before so nothing like this was anticipated. High traffic volumes were taken into account for yesterday morning and site was on a larger server for the day but the IT fellas monitoring the website said traffic volumes were "unprecedented".

A bottleneck was created and problem snowballed as each registration took place eventually crashing the website. The Data Centre forced the site to close as other websites on the same server were being affected.

The site has been rejigged to only deal with registrations for the next week or so. A floodgate system is being installed also so that if more than 20 people try to register at the same time they will be redirected to a timer page for 2 minutes and allowed back in with precedence given (similiar to Ticketmaster site). If registering today, you'll just get a confirmation email to say you're in and you're bib number will be emailed to you at a later date.

Site will be back up after 2pm today (was meant to be around 12 but the IT lads want to monitor it and are heading for lunch :D - look we'll let them as they were working until after 10pm last night on the problem).

Who woulda thunk The Warriors Run would be this popular and yes a bit of a FAIL on our part but technology and Murphys Law go hand in hand, the more you want it to work, the more likely it is to let ye down.

On behalf of The Festival Committee, I'd like to thank you for your patience and when my fingernails grow back I'll get everyone a "I waited for The Warriors Website to open and all I got was this lousy badge" badge.

Plazaman wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm helping out the Warriors Festival Committee. Just to give a heads up on the problems encountered with registration.

I'm not an IT head but the jist of the problem yesterday was that an external program that communicates info from PayPal to Warriors Website (via email) went into meltdown due to the amount of people trying to access it. There was never a problem with this before so nothing like this was anticipated. High traffic volumes were taken into account for yesterday morning and site was on a larger server for the day but the IT fellas monitoring the website said traffic volumes were "unprecedented".

A bottleneck was created and problem snowballed as each registration took place eventually crashing the website. The Data Centre forced the site to close as other websites on the same server were being affected.

The site has been rejigged to only deal with registrations for the next week or so. A floodgate system is being installed also so that if more than 20 people try to register at the same time they will be redirected to a timer page for 2 minutes and allowed back in with precedence given (similiar to Ticketmaster site). If registering today, you'll just get a confirmation email to say you're in and you're bib number will be emailed to you at a later date.

Site will be back up after 2pm today (was meant to be around 12 but the IT lads want to monitor it and are heading for lunch :D - look we'll let them as they were working until after 10pm last night on the problem).

Who woulda thunk The Warriors Run would be this popular and yes a bit of a FAIL on our part but technology and Murphys Law go hand in hand, the more you want it to work, the more likely it is to let ye down.

On behalf of The Festival Committee, I'd like to thank you for your patience and when my fingernails grow back I'll get everyone a "I waited for The Warriors Website to open and all I got was this lousy badge" badge.

Cheers for the heads up and explanation, much appreciated. Can't wait til 2p.m! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I'm guessing that was you who commented on the facebook page post. I'm sure you'll get registered if you are sitting around waiting on it to open.

I have to take my brother to Cavan (which is a horrible enough thought....eugh...cavan) so I'll take my laptop with me and the mobile broadband dongle and hopefully register my cousin while i'm over there.

Does cavan even get internet??I heard electricity has just arrived, so hopefully some internet signal can spill over from monaghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yeah.. Patiently waiting here. Refreshing every few minutes. Nada!
    I'd say 12p.m is the time it'll open at considering that's when it was yesterday.

They are way comfy Stew! Ridiculously so :eek:
    Powered out 5km in 22 minutes there on Sunday morning and I could have gone longer but alas, I don't think Tesco would have appreciated me jogging around the place when picking up some groceries :pac:

22 minutes!

:eek:

I have a bit more work to do.

cloneslad wrote: »
    I'm guessing that was you who commented on the facebook page post. I'm sure you'll get registered if you are sitting around waiting on it to open.

Narp :pac:

I did like the first comment though. :P

Some lady was giving out, I already made a post and don't see the point in roaring more than I already have done. :)

irish-stew wrote: »
    22 minutes!

:eek:

I have a bit more work to do.

Indeed :o

I hadn't been running for a few weeks. Not properly or consistently so it's nice to bang out a decent time out of the blue. I had a few too many bonbons the night before so that was my main motivation. :pac:

Indeed :o

I hadn't been running for a few weeks. Not properly or consistently so it's nice to bang out a decent time out of the blue. I had a few too many bonbons the night before so that was my main motivation. :pac:

Indeed?

Your 3 minutes quicker than me!!

Indeed?

Your 3 minutes quicker than me!!

It's my trainers I'm telling you! :pac:

I hope no one catches me out running the next few days though. I walked into an open oven door after my run on Sunday and I nearly split my shins in half I hit them that hard. I look bet! :(

Registration has reopened.

• Advertisement

Plazaman wrote: »
    Registration has reopened.

Nope...

It has, kinda off. The website/servers just appear to be unable to cope with the traffic.

Not a very good start to the event if you ask me.

:(

It has, kinda off. The website/servers just appear to be unable to cope with the traffic.

Not a very good start to the event if you ask me.

:(

I've gotten a countdown thing. 9 minutes to go! Scared stiff to refresh the page!

3 minutes...

I'm sure my counter is counting up the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lalalu

Hi folks,
    What web link are you using. I'm still getting the message "Apologies - due to unprecedented traffic we have had to take Registration offline and will reopen tomorrow." on the http://warriorsfestival.com/ main page?

I got an email confirming my payment..

attachment.php?attachmentid=158308&stc=1&d=1305034169

lalalu wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    What web link are you using. I'm still getting the message "Apologies - due to unprecedented traffic we have had to take Registration offline and will reopen tomorrow." on the http://warriorsfestival.com/ main page?

I think you need to keep trying, if more than so many people go on at once they are either getting that, or a count down timer showing where they are in the queue.

Cheers, more refreshing so!

I think you need to keep trying, if more than so many people go on at once they are either getting that, or a count down timer showing where they are in the queue.

Some lad called Gearóid put a link that worked up on the FB page.

I got a paypal confirmation but no bib number or anything, do they send you out a separate email too Stew?

(oh I'm a right little pest :pac: )

• Advertisement

I used this link and it worked: http://www.warriorsfestival.com/

The page google is linking to isn't working (it doesn't have the "www.")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shihan

lalalu wrote: »
    Hi folks,

As Hail said you need the www. before try this http://www.warriorsfestival.com/register-online

Thanks all, should have copped that. Just a 22 min wait according to my timer!

Some lad called Gearóid put a link that worked up on the FB page.

I got a paypal confirmation but no bib number or anything, do they send you out a separate email too Stew?

(oh I'm a right little pest :pac: )

I got the email from paypal straight away.

Then a confirmation from warriors run a couple hours later. Still waiting on the bib number. They did say though anyone who got the email from paypal will get a bib number once all the registration problems were sorted.

I got the email from paypal straight away.

Then a confirmation from warriors run a couple hours later. Still waiting on the bib number. They did say though anyone who got the email from paypal will get a bib number once all the registration problems were sorted.

Perfecto! Got the paypal email asap too :)

Happy days cheers Stew :)

Oh No Lornen, only seeing this now (I'm on three or four websites posting information stuff) but hopefully you have got in by now as we have successfully taken 79 registrations since 2pm.

Clear your browser cache and try again. At registration you will more than likely see a countdown timer which means you are in a queue to register. Personally I don't like that system (damn you Ticketmaster for taking away my opportunity to see Justine Bieber) but as I said I'm not IT minded so will have to defer to the tech heads thats running it.

Best o Luck.

Perfecto! Got the paypal email asap too :)

Happy days cheers Stew :)

Phew!!! Bib emails will be sent out manually in the coming days but once you have your PayPal receipt, consider yourself in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

511 registered now......get in like Flynn!!!

T runner wrote: »
    511 registered now......get in like Flynn!!!

516 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

685 now, this is mental!!!

Advertisement