Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warriors Run 2011

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

some photos on http://www.legginit.com/albums/Warriors-Run-2011/
    ( free ) and jamesburke.biz 9 not (not free)

stiff as a board..still
    found the hill very manageable, maybe even easy, but then with 400 odd people in front of you in single file it was hard to go any harder at it anyway... although i must tie laces tighter for that kind of thing if im doing it again..runners were nearly sliding off me at times..

thought right leg was gonna fall off on the 2nd last km and man that last straight is looooong ...

many thanks to t-runner for all the advice, particularly the bits on pacing the race ( although i may have held back too much maybe ) and on the times ie time at the gate would be quarter at the top half and at the big house three quarters..was bang on the money for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

irish-stew wrote: »
    @Lornen. You have to do it next year.

;)

Without a shadow of a doubt!

I'm back up and running now. Going to be WELL prepared.

:v

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

After all the messing there was with the registration, site crashing and loads of people feeling disappointed that the missed out and some going on standby list's hoping to get an entry for this. Only 708 people lined up out of 800 with 705 finishers 2 getting DQ'D.

Do you think the registration was opened too early? I mean everyone that entered hoped to do the run but such is life might have got injured and never transferred there number or forgot to cancel there entry. Would it be a good idea for next year to open the registration closer to the time maybe a month?
    so people will know for sure that they can make it so there is a full field

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    After all the messing there was with the registration, site crashing and loads of people feeling disappointed that the missed out and some going on standby list's hoping to get an entry for this. Only 708 people lined up out of 800 with 705 finishers 2 getting DQ'D.

Do you think the registration was opened too early? I mean everyone that entered hoped to do the run but such is life might have got injured and never transferred there number or forgot to cancel there entry. Would it be a good idea for next year to open the registration closer to the time maybe a month?
    so people will know for sure that they can make it so there is a full field

I did it, a great event and happy with my 1:19 bit quicker than last year :-)
    You've asked a good question there and i think your point about later registration is very valid, however a lot of people want to know well in advance that they're in so they can get stuck into their training.

The only way i think they will actually have 800 runners on the day is if after registraion closes on race day, any remaining places are sold on the spot for cash.
    And i know this is a logistically tricky thing to actually do (getting names linked to timing chips, t shirt sizes etc.....). But at least no membership of triathlon ireland or run ireland etc is required to take part.
    However, the organisers aren't going to be too pushed since the 92 or whatever that ended up not doing it had already paid.

It must be a killer for those that missed out however to see the field not actually full on the day.

What does someone get a dq for in the warriors run by the way????

promethius wrote: »

Not too sure, there is two people in the results with route error beside there name.

• Advertisement

promethius wrote: »
    I did it, a great event and happy with my 1:19 bit quicker than last year :-)
    You've asked a good question there and i think your point about later registration is very valid, however a lot of people want to know well in advance that they're in so they can get stuck into their training.

The only way i think they will actually have 800 runners on the day is if after registraion closes on race day, any remaining places are sold on the spot for cash.
    And i know this is a logistically tricky thing to actually do (getting names linked to timing chips, t shirt sizes etc.....). But at least no membership of triathlon ireland or run ireland etc is required to take part.
    However, the organisers aren't going to be too pushed since the 92 or whatever that ended up not doing it had already paid.

It must be a killer for those that missed out however to see the field not actually full on the day.

I know i would be raging if i didnt get a place and it wasnt full on the day. I suppose the organisers still got paid so they wouldnt be too pushed in trying getting more people to the start line on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Not too sure, there is two people in the results with route error beside there name.

They have no mountain splits so id guess they "refused" the mountain. Maybe one was feeling very bad and both just ran out the circuit of the mountain and reported to the organisers after crossing the line.

Or maybe they werent aware of the mountain bit..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

T runner wrote: »

Or maybe they werent aware of the mountain bit..........

we were supposed to go up that???? :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Don't be silly, what kind of race would make you run up a mountain! :D

Fair play to everyone from here that did it. Might get around to doing it next year. (Yes I said that last year too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I guess one thing the organisers could do to ensure more take-up of places would be to take the payment in two stages - say a €10 deposit when the reservation is made, and the remainder closer to the race.
    They could send reminders to have people login and pay the balance maybe eight weeks before the race. Anybody who doesn't pay within another two weeks loses their place and it is given to somebody on the reserve list (who will pay full price).

This way they might weed out people who aren't committed to running it, and they'd raise a few more quid by keeping the deposits which might help offset the extra admin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Well done to everyone who ran the race. Some great times by boardsies here.

Great to see Emmet Dunleavy win it, he's been waiting for years. He did well to beat Owen Gahan.

Is that the first time a Sligo person has won it since around 2003?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭daveboy01

Predicted time 1.25.00
    Actual time 1.24.06

Really enjoyed this year's Warriors Run and very happy with my time. Found the climb a bit slow and at times I wanted to go faster but couldn't overtake as there was no room and everyone was walking. Probably a good thing in the end as I had loads of energy for the last leg back to Strandhill. A great event though, great atmosphere and still my favourite running event :D

Advertisement