Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Interview

Options
  • 08-04-2011 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭

Hi again guys, following on from my previous thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056220408

i put a deposit down on the course i wanted to do, and i got a letter in the post today offering me an interview for this Tuesday (13th) for an interview :cool:

happy days! and like to thank everybody for their advice this far.

the letter was very brief, but they stated just two requirements for me to bring with me on Tuesday, a current CV and some recent work/ drawings.

the course in question is Computer Aided Design.

- as regards the CV, i think i'm cool with that, i'l just give my current CV a bit of a spruce up and an update, previous experience/ exam results/ qualifications and references.

it's the recent works/ drawings that concern me, i have none and i'm unsure what they are even looking for. i studied construction studies and technical drawing for my leaving cert and passed both subjects, but that was 3 years ago and i have no examples of my past work.

if i were to go to my old school on Monday and ask my old TD and construction studies teachers to be references on my CV or to offer a quick written reference would that be of any benefit?

right now i have no access to drawing equipment, and even if i did i wouldn't know what to draw as an example :confused:

what would people recommend i do?

if your still reading this far in, thanks :D

any other advice for the interview would be great too, clothes etc.

Advertisement