Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore to Waterford airport??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

The road from Tramore to Waterford Airport is going to be re-aligned soon:
    http://www.waterfordcoco.ie/en/services/roads/mainbody,20751,en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

The road from Tramore to Waterford Airport is going to be re-aligned soon:
    http://www.waterfordcoco.ie/en/services/roads/mainbody,20751,en.html

Its good that this is being done. they should have done it when the improved the Kilure road to the airport

As regards the bus service for the airport... I reckon that a 2 bus service one originating in Tramore and one in Waterford could be sustainable....with the new road realignment and proper advertising this is achievable....

like I think A bus originating in city at parnell street and making stops at Superquinn,one of the bus stops on the ring road, the airport and finishing in tramore is viable ..... With a counter bus starting in Tramore, they meet at the airport and double back to their destinations......

would the taxi coops maybe kick up over this?? How would a local mini bus driver go about establish such a route, would bus eireann kick up(even though they aren't supplying a route)??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

There must be a lot of people working out in the airport and all the other businesses out there. Surely a bus service in the morning and evening would get some of those people as customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

There must be a lot of people working out in the airport and all the other businesses out there. Surely a bus service in the morning and evening would get some of those people as customers.

Nothing an 8 seater transit run wouldnt Test the water i imagine.
    Worth a try Especially by a taxi Firm who already has 8 seaters collecting 1 person at a time atm. Also would offset the crazy cost of insurance on such a venture.

But yeh i have to say I didnt know there was that many flights in and out a day. I also agree with the previous poster an extension to the runway to allow larger jets would have to be positive for the airport. What happened to the 33odd mill that the govt gave them a couple years back (did they actually get it?) if it couldnt extend a runway surely it could pay for a bus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭SLOOPY

RobitTV wrote: »
    i can now confirm southend station is open.

No it's not.

Flew over and back last weekend and it's a coach to/from Rochford station.

The coach is parked right outside the terminal building.

E-mail i received from Aer Arann prior to flying.
    Dear valued customer,

Thank you for booking with Aer Arann on our new route from London Southend Airport.

We wish to advise all passengers that the opening of the train station located at London Southend Airport has been delayed due to final government approval. However, it is scheduled to open in the coming weeks.

In the interim, a free shuttle bus service will operate between the adjacent Rochford railway station, located approximately 5 to 10 minutes from London Southend Airport and the airport terminal.

Please find below travel options for passengers travelling to/from London Southend Airport.

We look forward to welcoming you on board in the near future.

The Aer Arann Team

• Advertisement
Advertisement