Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value of house in Dublin 9

Options
  • 08-04-2011 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

my mum is thinking of buying her brothers house ( one of them ) in beaumont in dublin , its a modest three bed semi in a modest but reasonabley decent estate , would anyone have any idea what such a house might be worth

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Your best bet would be to take a look in the estate that she is interested in buying and 1/2 similar estates-see if there are any houses with sale agreed or sold on them -call the estate agent and ask what they ACTUALLY sold for.
    You can also check the houses online to take a look at the interiors.
    You really can;t go by asking prices because they can be very different to what houses are actually going for
    (I sold my house in Lucan in Sept and in january a similar house sold for 20k less (approx 8%)) however a similar house has gone up for sale in the last week for 22k MORE than I sold my house for)
    So if you were trying to get a guideline price for houses in that estate based on ASKING prices-you'd be out by over 40k.
    Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

no, not really

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

How long is a piece of string :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

its worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

thats not being facetious but its a fact.

p.s dont be such a smart ass when somebody like Lynn provides decent advice

D3PO wrote: »
    its worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

thats not being facetious but its a fact.

p.s dont be such a smart ass when somebody like Lynn provides decent advice

dont confuse opinion with fact

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

"How to make friends and influence people".

whats good for the goose ____________________________________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

irishh_bob wrote: »
    no, not really

Probably the most moronic OP I've seen on this forum, and then you say this?

Hopefully nobody else will reply to this thread cause you don't deserve help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

My dad is thinking of buying a car (a blue one).. are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

use rent to guide estimate of price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

spockety wrote: »
    "How to make friends and influence people".

A book for everyones collection

D1stant wrote: »

Sounds good alright. But be careful, really depends on the shade of blue.

D1stant wrote: »
    amdublin wrote: »
    Sounds good alright. But be careful, really depends on the shade of blue.

Oh and another tip for you.

Take the car for a test drive and check the steering wheel by giving it it a light tug towards your chest. If it comes off the post and you can practically hand it to the passenger seat person probably best not to buy it.

Probably the most moronic OP I've seen on this forum, and then you say this?

Hopefully nobody else will reply to this thread cause you don't deserve help.

say what , that the reply wasnt helpfull , boo hoo

this is a property froum , untill i start seekng advice in the fresh fruit forum on house prices , il ask you not to be so dismissive and heavy handed , i see posters from dublin place valuations on houses in estates in places like mulligar or longford on a regular basis o n this forum , how exactly is my thread moronic , id like a rough idea as to how much a three bed semi in what would possibley be called a lower middle class area of north dublin , might be worth , whats the big deal exactly , its not as if you can trust the opinion of an estate agent right now , the market is in turmoil and one is as likely to get an accurate opinion in a place like here as anywhere else , at least here , thier is less likely to be agendas at play

i can even name the estate if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

About three fiddy.

stimpson wrote: »
    About three fiddy.

what year are you living in ?

250 would be far too much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

what year are you living in ?
    250 would be far too much

So how much do you think it is worth then OP?

i can even name the estate if that helps

Yeah sure irishbob, name the estate and we would love to help you by going off and doing all this work for you, outlined in this helpful thread below:
    Lyn256 wrote: »
    Your best bet would be to take a look in the estate that she is interested in buying and 1/2 similar estates-see if there are any houses with sale agreed or sold on them -call the estate agent and ask what they ACTUALLY sold for.
    You can also check the houses online to take a look at the interiors.
    You really can;t go by asking prices because they can be very different to what houses are actually going for
    (I sold my house in Lucan in Sept and in january a similar house sold for 20k less (approx 8%)) however a similar house has gone up for sale in the last week for 22k MORE than I sold my house for)
    So if you were trying to get a guideline price for houses in that estate based on ASKING prices-you'd be out by over 40k.
    Hope that helps

Yeah sure irishbob, name the estate and we would love to help you by going off and doing all this work for you, outlined in this helpful thread below:

all the above post does is remind me what i already knew , that you cant trust estate agents , if a house is worth 250 k , they are sure to tell you they have offers in excess of 300 k, and whats all this crap about going off to do research , as i said earlier , this forum is full of dubs who cast aspersions on the value of houses in unfinished estates in the midlands , does this mean the same people make the trek down to some bog in offaly , no

All we know of this house is that it's in Beaumount. No idea of size, terrace or semi detached, size of garden, number of bedrooms, if it has a garage or if it's painted blue. The most useful post here was about the blue car because it shows how stupid the original post was. Not content with looking stupid you berate the people who you expect to give you expert advice for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

€120-150k when the dust settles.

All we know of this house is that it's in Beaumount. No idea of size, terrace or semi detached, size of garden, number of bedrooms, if it has a garage or if it's painted blue. The most useful post here was about the blue car because it shows how stupid the original post was. Not content with looking stupid you berate the people who you expect to give you expert advice for free.

said it was a 3 bed semi in my 1st post , it has a small back garden with a very small garden shed

as for berating people , i think you will find it is i who has been on the recieving end of a bollocking , i merley replied in kind by rubbishing thier claim that enquiring about the price of a house was redicolous in a property forum:rolleyes:

latenia wrote: »
    €120-150k when the dust settles.

exactly what i thought , thank you

said it was a 3 bed semi in my 1st post , it has a small back garden with a very small garden shed

as for berating people , i think you will find it is i who has been on the recieving end of a bollocking , i merley replied in kind by rubbishing thier claim that enquiring about the price of a house was redicolous in a property forum:rolleyes:

You replied to an informative poster in a rude way. You're bound to get a bollocking.

You replied to an informative poster in a rude way. You're bound to get a bollocking.

point to where i was rude , i myself got called a smartass by one poster and was sarcastically accused ( by another ) of wanting other posters to make the trip out to beaumont so as to make a valuation , thier were rude people on this thread but i wasnt one of them

Lyn256 wrote: »
    Hope that helps
    no, not really

I don't think you needed to respond to Lyn's statement.

IMO it came across incredibly rude, ungrateful and ungracious. And it seems that everyone else thought that too.

I don't think you needed to respond to Lyn's statement.

IMO it came across incredibly rude, ungrateful and ungracious. And it seems that everyone else thought that too.

so you regard the words , no and not really as being incredibly rude , the poster posed the question as to whether thier post was helpfull

bit of an overeaction to call my reply incredibly rude , you obviously deal with mary poppins and daniel o donell every day of the week

Not neccessarily the actual words. More your attitude.

Did you really need to respond?? Was there really a need? Do you feel you gained anything at all by saying it? (aside from rubbing up subsequent readers and posters the wrong way)

Think about it!

Anyway, for that reason I'm out.

See you.

Not neccessarily the actual words. More your attitude.

Did you really need to respond?? Was there really a need? Do you feel you gained anything at all by saying it? (aside from rubbing up subsequent readers and posters the wrong way)

Think about it!

Anyway, for that reason I'm out.

See you.

everything written can only be taken literally , its not my fault if members of the thought police such as your good self get the hump , you might be better served by focusing on the subject matter in question rather than assuming the role of disecting what kind of ( subliminal )meaning existed in a particular post

PS, like your good self , i too am watching dragons den right now yet didnt feel the need to borrow any quips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

my mum is thinking of buying her brothers house ( one of them ) in beaumont in dublin , its a modest three bed semi in a modest but reasonabley decent estate , would anyone have any idea what such a house might be worth
    From seeing the lovely pictures you provided, I'll say 2 pence :p Maybe three fiddy at a push :pac:

=-=

Had a quick look through Daft.ie, and most prices are around the €300k mark for 3 beds in Beaumont.

Buying off family can be an entirely different ballgame. You don't want to give them too little, but you shouldn't give them too much as you sympathize with them.

Someone has said €120k-€150k which although may be what it's worth, it may not be worth letting it go at that price by your uncle, as he may owe more than that to the bank.

I'd say the best bet would be to find out how much your uncle owes on the house, and go from there. If he owes €350k on it, I can't see him letting it go for €120k, but if he owes €175k, he may let it go to close that amount.

Advertisement