Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Tyres.

Options
  • 08-04-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Where is the best place to buy 4 tyres for my fiesta in Westmeath / Offaly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I always buy and have my tyres fitted at Hinches just off the Portlaoise road. Always happy with the price and the service and on one occasion during the winter a few years ago as my other half was having tyres replaced, I was shown in to a lovely warm office to sit in out of the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I go to condrons near Killeigh. Sound lads, do their best for ya and an office/waiting room with free hot chocolate, coffee, tea. Great prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

bit of a drive but nixons between birr and roscrea are dirt cheap ya wont get cheaper tyres
    and there the good brands to

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

+1 for nixons. And they are the quickest at changing them, its like pit stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Used to go to advanced pitstop. But I personally wouldn't recommend them to anybody after my last experience with them.

That tyre place in the tanyard is where I now go, I'm not sure if I'd recommend those either, however. I went there with a flat tyre. The polish guy charged me six euro to pump it up, for it to be flat again by the time I got to tesco.

So - in short, I guess i'm interested in good places to go too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Used to go to advanced pitstop. But I personally wouldn't recommend them to anybody after my last experience with them.

That tyre place in the tanyard is where I now go, I'm not sure if I'd recommend those either, however. I went there with a flat tyre. The polish guy charged me six euro to pump it up, for it to be flat again by the time I got to tesco.

So - in short, I guess i'm interested in good places to go too!

would you believe that happened to me twice there storm. Got it fixed only to go flat. Same again. Third time i went to condrons. The air was coming out at the rim all along and not where they fixed. Went to haydens there a few times, and no complaints but cant comment on price as i got them on the uncles account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I go to condrons near Killeigh. Sound lads, do their best for ya and an office/waiting room with free hot chocolate, coffee, tea. Great prices too.
    I always used to go there but last time I enquired about new alloys for my car I was basically told to have a look online...
    I honestly think it was just because I'm a girl and they thought I didn't know what I wanted and was wasting their time!

My dad and brother always go there though and they are meant to be dead sound.

I also like the free tea:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

my mother went to nixons the other day, she was very impressed with the service, the only problem i have is that when she cam home i checked the tyres and there doesnt seem to be an "E" number on them, isnt this illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

dotsflan wrote: »
    my mother went to nixons the other day, she was very impressed with the service, the only problem i have is that when she cam home i checked the tyres and there doesnt seem to be an "E" number on them, isnt this illegal?

ah there genuine people mate doubt it they have sold bad ones
    but make sure anyway

its probably illegal to sell the tyres without an e marking on them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Having worked in the tyre business for a while in the Tullamore area, I can't recommend Condrons in Killeigh enough. They are keenly price, with a great selection to suit all budgets and are real professional.

Air leaking out from the joining of the tyre and the rim is a common problem, but should be easily found by a competent tyre fitter. If it wasn't, especially twice I'd avoid at all costs.

Another recommendation I would give, although being outside the Tullamore area, is Darcy's tyres in Mount Lucas. Thats where I go and Tom has always looked after me no matter what my budget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

In my case, he didnt take off the wheel at all. He pumped it up, and charged me 6 euro for doing so. It was flat at tescos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

+1 for nixons too. i have bought my tyres here for the last 4 years - i know of people coming up from south tipp for jeep tyres - they're the cheepest(and fastest) around. I find i get great miles out of them

Advertisement