Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn "Fish" yah!!!

Options
  • 08-04-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey Everyone

Was in the Quorn section of Tescos picking out some stuff for the barbeque (yah, it's that time of year again!) and realised that they have new Fish fishless fingers and tuna and corn pies! Since becoming vegetarian I do kind of miss tuna so I was thrilled when I saw them as I was always wondering why there is no fish substitute.

Has anyone else tried them or is anyone else thrilled about the new products?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I thought some people here knew about them already, and that they are not new! I seen them around two weeks ago in the local Tesco as I walked down the aisle (I dont eat meat replacements but it's nice to see what they have). This thread should at least let a few others know about them now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I assume they contain eggs and milk like other Quorn products?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

The fish-less fingers are amazing! Taste like the real thing, so they're lovely if you liked them! Little bit expensive though? (€2.99 in Tesco)

The tuna and sweetcorn cakes aren't as nice. Its been a loooong time since i've had tuna but the texture seemed to be all wrong. Having said that they were still pretty good, and large enough to have with chips or potatoes at dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Breezer wrote: »
    I assume they contain eggs and milk like other Quorn products?

Redwood do 'fish' products too (vegan). They smell good but there isn't much taste!
    show_image_in_imgtag.php?filename=Meat_Free_Breade_4d834dab73321.jpg&newxsize=200&newysize=200&fileout=
    They apparently do these too but I don't think I've seen them about Dublin.
    show_image_in_imgtag.php?filename=Meat_Free_Thai_F_4d834df31c947.jpg&newxsize=200&newysize=200&fileout=
    And I think I've seen these before in Dublin, but quite a while ago!:
    redwood_making_waves_fishless_steaks_280.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey Everyone

Was in the Quorn section of Tescos picking out some stuff for the barbeque (yah, it's that time of year again!) and realised that they have new Fish fishless fingers and tuna and corn pies! Since becoming vegetarian I do kind of miss tuna so I was thrilled when I saw them as I was always wondering why there is no fish substitute.

Has anyone else tried them or is anyone else thrilled about the new products?

Love the fishfingers, spent near 20e on them so far :D
    Have bought the tuna cake things but haven't tried them yet. Good to see new products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

Redwood do 'fish' products too (vegan). They smell good but there isn't much taste!
    show_image_in_imgtag.php?filename=Meat_Free_Breade_4d834dab73321.jpg&newxsize=200&newysize=200&fileout=
    They apparently do these too but I don't think I've seen them about Dublin.
    show_image_in_imgtag.php?filename=Meat_Free_Thai_F_4d834df31c947.jpg&newxsize=200&newysize=200&fileout=
    And I think I've seen these before in Dublin, but quite a while ago!:
    redwood_making_waves_fishless_steaks_280.jpg

those thai fish style cakes are amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

those thai fish style cakes are amazing!!

Oh! Where have you seen them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

'Evergreen' in Galway used to do them all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

I tried the tuna yesterday. I mashed it up with some mayonaise as I was warned that it was a little dry. I thought it was really good. I put it in a wrap with veggies!

I never knew Redwood did fishless fish stuff. I'll keep an eye out for it as I love their other stuff. Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

OK hold on...tuna :eek: YAY!!! is it like a tin of tuna that you can put in a sandwich? Please tell me you can get it somewhere other than Dublin? I love evergreen in Galway but it is a but pricy for the quorn stuff compared to tesco but they have such a variety! How have i missed the tuna though? You have actually made my year OP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Blech, my mam bought 3 boxes of them for me the other day.. I hate fish!

I think she just assumes that because I'm veggie, I eat any form of Quorn product.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I tried the tuna fishcake last night. Eeeeeeeew :( I had to throw it away! Really didn't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

Glad I made your day Taylor21!

Yes I do know it's not the best, I was warned by a friend that it was dry so what I did was cooked up and mashed it up with mayonaise and put it in a wrap with crunchy veggies and it was lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

My friend was cooking some of the fishless fingers yesterday - they have a really strong fishy smell when they're being cooked. Not so nice >_< She said they taste really nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Obsidian Butterfly

I just bought some of these today so I'll be having them soon. Glad to see so many people think they taste good.
    Before I became veggie I only really ate fish and chicken, fish was the hardest thing to give up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

A bit expensive (e3/3.30) for the tuna - but so worth it!

Advertisement