Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphone repair - Dublin

• 08-04-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey all,

I (perhaps stupidly) bought a pair of Skullcandy earphones for €60 in Tower a few months ago. A few weeks after purchase, the sound in one of the headphones disappeared. Very very annoying.

Tower can't repair them for me - does anyone know any place anywhere in the Dublin area which could fix the headphones for me? I'd really appreciate any recommendations!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Hey all,

I (perhaps stupidly) bought a pair of Skullcandy earphones for €60 in Tower a few months ago. A few weeks after purchase, the sound in one of the headphones disappeared. Very very annoying.

Tower can't repair them for me - does anyone know any place anywhere in the Dublin area which could fix the headphones for me? I'd really appreciate any recommendations!

As long as you have the receipt, tower records should replace them if they can't repair them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

I don't have the receipt unfortunately :(

the labour time to work out what's wrong and fix earphones costing €60 would be more than €60 I'm afraid. Only option is to work out how to fix them yourself or get some new earphones.
    Care for your earphones better by keeping them in pouch and wrapping them correctly (i.e. not around phone / mp3 player) will make them last a lot longer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

Yep, not worth bringing them to a repair shop, I had the same problem with a pair of earphones...I managed to unscrew the tip of the earphone with the problem, fiddle around with the postions of the wiring, and it was fixed... still working a year later...worth a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

well my son has a pair or dr dre beats and the sound in one of the headphones i dont know where to get them fixed and theres a bit of a problem i bought them on ebay!! :( i think it might be from him wrapping them around his phone??
    if anyone can helf i would be delighted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

the sound in one of them is gone and they where really expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't buy MONSTER AUDIO beats next time so ;)

Only thing you can do is: contact the manufacturer (good luck, seeing as eBay is filled with fakes) or learn to solder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 E.B Kav

Save you all some time-Stay away from Dr Beats.

Advertisement