Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going on with my broadband

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Headshot wrote: »
    Hey roast I'm not sure what MDP means but i presume the main socket? And if so would eircom fix it?

Sorry! Yep, thats the main socket. Eircom would certainly fix it for you. Mention it to them anyway.

MDP - Main Distribution Point, by the way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

Can OP confirm if he is using a cabled connection or a wireless connection...Signal levels and Noise levels on Modem seem ok...

Could OP be loosing connectivity at certain times due to interference on wireless...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

If headshot can confirm that the problem with pingtimes are exclusively in the evenings, then the problem is probably contention. Particularly if the problem goes away at say 1am. Could you run a couple of tracerts (similar to pings) to a couple of different sites in ireland and the UK at say 7pm or 9pm one evening? And then post the results here?

The line is perfect, there's no need to go poking around at the internal wiring or indeed the few hundred metres of phoneline to the exchange. It's not a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,564 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

my high ping times were during the day time and even late at night, id get like 999

In saying that it has been grand for the last day and a bit now. Ill be doing some heavy gaming during the weekend and see how it goes then

Ill do that test for ya TBC tonight and see how it goes

How does the tracerts work in cmd?

here's eircom response to the interleaving

what ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I've decided to post in the other thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,564 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks alot TBC

really appreciate it

Advertisement