Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Best Teacher

• 08-04-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

What subject do you have your best teacher in? Why is he/she the best teacher you have?

Mine is my History teacher. She takes us for extra history classes every Friday during religion and also will give up her lunch times if she needs to get something done.This week she gave up her Friday evening so we could get out History topcs written up, so that we wouldn't have to do it during class when we could be getting the course done. If you have extra work to give her, she will happily correct it. She is always the first teacher to have tests back during exams. She wastes absolutely no time at all. No one leaves class until she has every last second of the 40 minutes used.

Even though all this can be a pain sometimes, I know it will be worth it in the end and have to admit, she is a great teacher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

My Maths teacher is fantastic. I didn't do very well in the mocks but that was my own laziness. He's posted the solutions to the entire paper on YouTube for the class. He also takes us for an extra class one morning a week.

http://www.youtube.com/user/StColmcilles?blend=1&ob=5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'd say my French teacher and then my maths and physics teacher. They're both really good, just wish my maths and physics would attempt to arrive on time every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

My french teacher is brilliant. She nurtured my skill for the language from 5th year on(didn't have her before that) and encourages me and keeps me on my toes, always pushes me to do better and she's an all round lovely woman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'd have to say my French teacher also. I was brutal at French all the way up from 1st- TY, joined her class in 5th year and my standard has rocketed! I can't say much about teachers staying behind class to help, because they're not that helpful unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I'd have to say my French teacher too. I've had her since 1st year and she's just brilliant :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My Geography teacher was brilliant. She gave us an absolute trainload of work and at least two tests a week (she wouldn't tell us which ones counted towards marks, but some of them did so you had to work for them all) but she was excellent at teaching the subject. She encouraged us all to do extra exam questions, and asked at the end of class did anyone have any extra questions to hand up, and she'd have them marked by the next day.

She'd always have tests corrected really quickly as well! I hated teachers that expected us to do a mountain of homework for the next day but took nearly a week to correct tests.

My accounting teacher was brilliant also! (Although she gave us about twice the amount of homework than any other teacher).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

My physics teacher, he invented the universe and everything it contains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

physics teacher, she's unbelievable! ive never had to do any study for it, she just seems to make us remember everything? and we always have parties/quizzes and watch physics videos in class!

http://www.theonion.com/video/report-finds-troubling-rise-in-teen-uranium-enrich,19175/

really organised too.. always has tests corrected the next day and gives us summary notes after each section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

My French teacher is French.

It's wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Have to say my maths teacher...she makes it interesting and always has an optimistc outlook on everything...But is quick to tell us when we are doing nothing! Brilliant teacher :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

Our biology teacher is serious.
    he keeps us back every wensday for a while, just gives us the stuff we need to know and then drills it into us, keeps giving us tests and great craic in class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

GV_NRG wrote: »
    Our biology teacher is serious.
    he keeps us back every wensday for a while, just gives us the stuff we need to know and then drills it into us, keeps giving us tests and great craic in class

I'm no expert but i'm pretty sure that's illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭AbsentPonderer

My french teacher is truly amazing, she is passionate, she cares about how we are getting along and at the end of the day she is amazingly nice!
    She certainly inspired my amour for french :D I have her since first year too which is a great help, we are well used to eachother at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

Seeing a lot of love for French teachers. Must be due to the week of the orals.
    Though, I have to say my French teacher is great too. She takes me for a grind every Monday as well as an extra hour at lunchtimes.

They must have a great love of the language in general then, or we're all just affected by the extra attention on orals week.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭AbsentPonderer

while there was extra emphasis on the oral, she is generally a legend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

My English teacher is exceptional, I've learned just as much about life as I learned about poetry and prose from him.

My DCG teacher is also brilliant, a real inspiration. He's opened my mind to a whole new world of design and drawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I can't really choose between my French, Irish and Business teachers. They're all exceptional. My English and Maths teachers are also very good, my Chemistry teacher is mediocre at best (but come September my real teacher will be back and she's amazing :D) and we won't talk about my Biology teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

My favourite teacher ever is my Physics teacher from last year. He was just so nice to us and still managed to teach us everything really well at the same time.

My favourite teacher this year is my Bio teacher. He's just so funny and there is just a great feeling in his class. He will always stay after class if you have to ask him anything science related, not just about the LC course. He has also brought in magazines/journals for us to look at.
    I also love my Hamlet teacher. He's actually just a ledge. I don't really know why but he is just a really cool guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Music Teacher: Absolute legend! :D
    Haha she's a really good teacher, gives us notes on everything we need and helps us when we need help.. (:
    But best of all.. ohmegod. XD She's hilarious!! Haha she's such a retard at times me and my friends can't help but laugh. :D One of the funnier classes of the day it is! xD :D

Advertisement