Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My UPC reset

• 09-04-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Came home today after being in work and out to find my broadband had reset to default router name ie upc3455677 when it had been a personel name since i set it, i can only connect via wire and not wireless as passwords dont work, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Did the password reset too? It should be on a sticker on the bottom of your modem/router.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,448 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a Cisco 2425 isn't it? They have a habit of doing things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Spear wrote: »
    It's a Cisco 2425 isn't it? They have a habit of doing things like that.

yeah, and ive tried the password thats on it, no use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Could you try a hard reset on it? There's probably a reset button somewhere on it, you might need a pen or something like that to press it. Then dial into the router. 192.168.100.1 for UPC I think. Should be able to change password then I think.

Recon wrote: »
    Could you try a hard reset on it? There's probably a reset button somewhere on it, you might need a pen or something like that to press it. Then dial into the router. 192.168.100.1 for UPC I think. Should be able to change password then I think.

no gettin a username and paaword field ive never used there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,448 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

no gettin a username and paaword field ive never used there

Sounds like the default blank one then.

think ill just ring them tomorrow, far to tired :mad:

Advertisement