Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Blues albums

• 09-04-2011 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Just listening to an excellent blues album by James Cotton and was thinking how about a recommended album thread?

I will go first :cool:

Jame Cotton Deep In the Blues

oh and your only allowed one, with a bit of grace week to week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

Back Door Slam - Roll Away

listening to this for a few months, simply ace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Rigsby wrote: »
    Here is a similar type of thread

thanks but don't want beginner albums as I have heard and possess most of them

I am looking for modern blues albums (10-15 years old) that people have heard and to give their recommendation

thanks for the recommendation RC88, I will grab a copy of that album this weekend :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭bdr529

the woodstock album- muddy waters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Listening to a couple of Freddie Robinson albums at the moment.

'At the Drive In' (1972) A mostly instrumental, up-tempo, just nearly into funk one.

'Off the Cuff' (1973) Slower, more soulful and bluesy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

Auvers wrote: »
    thanks but don't want beginner albums as I have heard and possess most of them

I am looking for modern blues albums (10-15 years old) that people have heard and to give their recommendation

thanks for the recommendation RC88, I will grab a copy of that album this weekend :cool:

no prob, personally i recomend anything with davy knowles playing guitar on, one of the best players i've heard in years

also give this guy a listen as well
    philip sayce - Innerevolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

A rather predictable choice I'd imagine but "The Ballad Of John Henry" by Joe Bonamassa is absolutely ace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

West Side Soul - Magic Sam

Jesus what an album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

If you like Magic Sam check out Jody Williams, Bobby Radcliff, Otis Rush and Buddy Guy's early recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

Give a listen to Joanne Shaw Taylor and Gordon Smith:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

From the Cradle by Eric Clapton is excellent;)

Advertisement