Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 connection loss

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Hi BaguMka,

Thanks for updating us. Great to hear you've solved your Broadband problem. Very simple solution I know, but this worked for me aswell!!;)

I've checked your sync and this is showing pretty good. While you've stayed solidly connected over our servers for over 24hrs!!

Stay in touch.
    All the best,
    Ant

Unfortunately my joy didn't last too long..Since 4 days ago having again connection drops.. It says in the log view as follows:

channel 0, call 36, C02 Call Terminated (Internet light is off on the router) CALL DETAIL RECORD
    ppp:IPCP Closing
    ppp: Down,reason:5 (lower down) PPP
    ppp:LCP Closing
    ppp:LCP Down,reason:4 (term req) PPP
    192.168.1.1 exceeds the max. number of session per host!
    P.S once i do restart a router internet connection is fine until i start to download smth or watching online any content..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

BaguMka wrote: »
    Unfortunately my joy didn't last too long..Since 4 days ago having again connection drops.. It says in the log view as follows:

channel 0, call 36, C02 Call Terminated (Internet light is off on the router) CALL DETAIL RECORD
    P.S once i do restart a router internet connection is fine until i start to download smth or watching online any content..

Hi BaguMka
    as synch settings and line show good test results and moving router did help ( for a while) I would have to advise that you give the tech support team a cal on 1890260260.
    Advise them you have carried out all the tests and that only when you moved modem closer to device did you get (temporarily) a constant connection.
    There any be an issue with connecting apparatus or with modem.
    Before calling them please connect via ethernet and into main socket again. Let me know if any issue with this, or PM me your fault ref number and I can chase issue for you internally.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭IsMiseDaithair

@BaguMka:

This error you are getting are due to the NAT settings on your modem are set too low. They are probably set to 1024 or 2048. If the setting is 1024 it needs to be changed to 2048 and if the setting is 2048 it needs to be set to 4096.
    You can do this by going to the modem page, then to network section and at the bottom of the list is NAT. You will see the number in a white box on this page.

Hi BaguMka
    This link to set up for on-line gaming may help you with this process.
    Tony

@BaguMka:

This error you are getting are due to the NAT settings on your modem are set too low. They are probably set to 1024 or 2048. If the setting is 1024 it needs to be changed to 2048 and if the setting is 2048 it needs to be set to 4096.
    You can do this by going to the modem page, then to network section and at the bottom of the list is NAT. You will see the number in a white box on this page.

Thanks for advice. I've changed NAT from 1024 to 4096. Will see what happen

• Advertisement

Hi BaguMka
    This link to set up for on-line gaming may help you with this process.
    Tony

Tony it didn't help me as i set my firewall to low level since i got router..:(

Tony it didn't help me as i set my firewall to low level since i got router..:(

Ok BaguMka
    yes that link covers some pretty basic gaming set up moves, hope changing your Nat settings helped.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Hi

My problem with Eircoms Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 router is that any laptop, desktop, smart phone connected to the network cant see any other device on the network.

i.e. I can’t stream video from my laptop to the xbox, each device can individually connect to the internet, but can’t see each other.

I have checked the firewall settings and they are fine (lowered it and made no difference), also the laptop can ping the xbox successfully.

I didn't have this problem with my old Netopia router as it worked fine and I could stream video from my laptop to my xbox with no problems.

Do Eircom still stock Netopia routers and if so why have they replaced them with rubbish routers???

Not happy with this router at all :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

duffman21 wrote: »
    Hi

My problem with Eircoms Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 router is that any laptop, desktop, smart phone connected to the network cant see any other device on the network.

i.e. I can’t stream video from my laptop to the xbox, each device can individually connect to the internet, but can’t see each other.

I have checked the firewall settings and they are fine (lowered it and made no difference), also the laptop can ping the xbox successfully.

I didn't have this problem with my old Netopia router as it worked fine and I could stream video from my laptop to my xbox with no problems.

Do Eircom still stock Netopia routers and if so why have they replaced them with rubbish routers???

Not happy with this router at all :mad:

Hi duffman21,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

I've checked with Tech Support and they advise that the don't support file or printer sharing on a Local Area Network. They have advised that this option may possibly be on your computer system and you should look at this as a possible solution to your LAN setup.

I'm aware of friends who have their own LAN setup, and who have set up games consoles sucessfully on both Netopia and Zyxel routers. Further, they have no problem viewing devices across their own setup.
    It's possible you may need to change the local default settings on the Zyxel router, which is not something directly supported by eircom Technical Support, as already mentioned above.

We no longer supply Netopia modems, and are currently providing the Zyxel P-660HW-T1.

I would appreciate if any one has any further advice which may help here. That is, assistance with configuration /setup so that you can see other devices on the LAN, using the Zyxel router. If there is anyone who might have suggestions /or may have had a similar problem viewing devices; or streaming using the Zyxel router. I appreciate your feedback. As said, file sharing and LAN administration /setup is something that Tech Support won't support directly.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

What is the problem with these Zyxel modems?! :mad::mad:

Seriously!!! I posted my problems with them last year, and thankfully i was lucky enough to inherit a Netopia from a friend who left Eircom, and i use that now.

I never solved the problem with the Zyxel one, it constantly dropped connection, and since ive been using the Netopia, not one problem in at all!!

Now my mother's Netopia has unfortunately caved in, and Eircom came out and landed her with one of these cr*p Zyxels, and she has had nothing but problems, her internet is sooooooooooooo slow, and dropping all the time.

So Eircom, when are you going to admit these modems are cr@p and not fit for purpose, as described, or of merchantable quality?!

You market your free modem as a perk of being with eircom, but the bloody thing doesnt work!
    Surely if we cant receive the service that we are paying you to provide then we are due some compensation? At the very least you should provide the necessary tools to allow your product to work. Its seriously bad form! :mad:

If Sky came to my house, put up a satellite dish, signed me up to a 12mth contract, and gave me a faulty Sky box which couldnt receive the channels i was paying for, whose fault would that be?!

So how Eircom are getting away with providing modems that cant provide an internet connection is beyond me!!!!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Cherrycola wrote: »
    What is the problem with these Zyxel modems?! :mad::mad:

Seriously!!! I posted my problems with them last year, and thankfully i was lucky enough to inherit a Netopia from a friend who left Eircom, and i use that now.

I never solved the problem with the Zyxel one, it constantly dropped connection, and since ive been using the Netopia, not one problem in at all!!

Now my mother's Netopia has unfortunately caved in, and Eircom came out and landed her with one of these cr*p Zyxels, and she has had nothing but problems, her internet is sooooooooooooo slow, and dropping all the time.

So Eircom, when are you going to admit these modems are cr@p and not fit for purpose, as described, or of merchantable quality?!

You market your free modem as a perk of being with eircom, but the bloody thing doesnt work!
    Surely if we cant receive the service that we are paying you to provide then we are due some compensation? At the very least you should provide the necessary tools to allow your product to work. Its seriously bad form! :mad:

If Sky came to my house, put up a satellite dish, signed me up to a 12mth contract, and gave me a faulty Sky box which couldnt receive the channels i was paying for, whose fault would that be?!

So how Eircom are getting away with providing modems that cant provide an internet connection is beyond me!!!!:mad::mad:

Hi Cherrycola,

I appreciate your comments. Certainly, like most standard adsl modems, the Zyxel modem has it limitations. It is also quite commonly used throughout by many ISPs, both in Ireland and abroad.

I'm not denying we don't have faults with any of our modems, and that some people would have a preference for one modem over another. The thing is, the modem is tested before it is provided to a customer. Most reported faults to Tech Support are based around the actual internal connection setup rather than the actual modem (That is, the modem may be on a secondary phone socket and not directly on the main phone point; or a faulty splitter; or it may be a faulty adsl splitter).

I'm sure you'd appreciate before Technical Support can determine where the fault lies, they need to check the way the modem is connected within the customer's premises.

As you say, the modems are initially sent out free of charge, which is unlike alot of other ISPs. It is a basic plug and play modem device, which is set up by default (doesn't require any network configuration on the customer's side). The option is there for customers to use their own modem if they wish - similar to other Internet providers. In fact, some customers would prefer to use their own modems, which provide more features, such as priority gaming and other firewall and security options.

I understand you don't have a problem when you're using the Netopia modem. However, we also have many customers that use the Zyxel modem and don't have any problems either.

It would be necessary for your mother's modem - internal setup - to be checked first by Tech Support, before they can determine where the fault lies, and replace the modem if necessay.

At present, I don't have any information about changing eircom's modems. This situation however is always under review. In the meantime, if you'd like me to report your mother's broadband fault to Technical Support, please private message the home phone or eircom Account number.

Let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement