Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Aural practice.

• 09-04-2011 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

So I finished my French oral on Wednesday (Yes I know i'm on about the tape and some people haven't even started their Orals yet:rolleyes:) and i'm just getting back into the written and the tape now. I have done all the past aural exams and I can sometimes remember the answer from doing them before which kind of defeats the purpose in doing them . So does anybody no where I can practice for my French aural or is able to PM me on any mock tapes or have any aural practice websites? and also out of these French Aural books which one is the best to get?http://www.folens.ie/catalog/list_books.php?level=2&class_id=%&exam=%&serieslink=%&catid=130(I also listen to French radio every day and do the aural section in Bac Superior.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Any body? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

Try tv5.org

They have news items which you watch/ listen to and then you answer questions on it. You can choose the difficulty of questions and even view the text of the piece if you can't get a certain part.

NotExactly, are you sticking to the 8 hours study a day? Do you have a timetable?

NotExactly, are you sticking to the 8 hours study a day? Do you have a timetable?

Yes and yes.

NotExactly wrote: »
    Yes and yes.

Wish I could do that:(

• Advertisement

Wish I could do that:(

I don't go by how much hours I get done. I have set topics laid out and don't move on to the next topic until it's complete. I try to take a break at least every 45 minutes. If I don't complete todays topics they roll over onto tomorrow and I don't like work building up, so everything gets done! Hope that helps.

NotExactly wrote: »
    I don't go by how much hours I get done. I have set topics laid out and don't move on to the next topic until it's complete. I try to take a break at least every 45 minutes. If I don't complete todays topics they roll over onto tomorrow and I don't like work building up, so everything gets done! Hope that helps.

Sorry for asking all this but what would you consider a topic? Would it be doing exam qs or revising a topic? How long would it take you to do one topic?
    Do you spend time on every subject everyday?
    Thanks again!

Sorry for asking all this but what would you consider a topic? Would it be doing exam qs or revising a topic? How long would it take you to do one topic?
    Do you spend time on every subject everyday?
    Thanks again!

Ah it's grand. Well it's different for each subject, for Biology it's chapters, I completed chapter 1 and 2 Friday 3 and 4 Saturday etc then for the big topics like Genetics,Ecology and Respiration I only study them along with the corresponding experiments each day.Probably 45 mins per topic but chapters like Photosynthesis i'd devote two or three 45 minute blocks. I should have the whole Biology course covered including the experiments by the end of the holidays. For French I 'try' and do a tape,opinion and comprehension every day, so it's not topics as such for French just exam papers. Anything I can't answer I look up the MS and put the answer on an index card. I try and do a bit of all my subjects every day, that way i'm not neglecting any and also it mixes things up and stops me from getting board which happens if you devote a full day to one subject. Sorry went on a bit of a rant,but I hope that helps!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

sorry if I'm being a nuisance haha but i am very strong at French and i would have an A average if it wasn't for those tapes...
    Basically I'm just looking for some tips on how to improve my results in the aural exam if you are willing to offer me some :)

AlanBr wrote: »
    sorry if I'm being a nuisance haha but i am very strong at French and i would have an A average if it wasn't for those tapes...
    Basically I'm just looking for some tips on how to improve my results in the aural exam if you are willing to offer me some :)

Practice practice practice also learn lots of vocab it'll help you for the comprehensions as well. I also find by listening to http://www.rfi.fr/ every morning helps. It makes the tape appear to sound much slower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

listen to "Le journal en francais facile" sur rfi.fr every evening, only takes 10 minutes and you can get it as a podcast too. The french isnt that facile all the time but there's an accompagnying script too to go back over to make sure you get everything and you can match the sound with the word if you didn't understand it the first time. It really does work, i never get lower than an A in french. That quiz on tv5 too is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lydsom

does anyone know where i can get the listenings for years 1998 to 2002? my cds only go up to 2003 and i'm almost finished it

Same as above, I'm finished all of them and I'm starting to remember the answers, so they're not much point in doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gerii

Hey :)
    I was just wondering if it would be possible to get the answers to the aural questions in the bac superier?
    I am trying to do extra listening at home, but i dont know if i heard the correct answers

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ggmad

Try tv5.org

They have news items which you watch/ listen to and then you answer questions on it. You can choose the difficulty of questions and even view the text of the piece if you can't get a certain part.

Do you have a link for this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

http://www.france-info.com/

http://players.tv-radio.com/radiofrance/playerfranceinter.php
    (The above is from this website: http://sites.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/accueil/)

If you're just sitting around on the computer/laptop just pop one of those one. Have a listen and you'll pick up on things. There's also tons of podcasts on iTunes. Search for Learned French by Podcast or something. :)

And of course the most obvious, do your exam papers. Learn the vocab you weren't familiar with. Try and understand as much as you can. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

There's a french tv channel on sky too if your that dedicated.
    It does kind of ruin TV though feels like work.

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    There's a french tv channel on sky too if your that dedicated.
    It does kind of ruin TV though feels like work.

Do you know what sky channel it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Pretty sure it's channel 799.
    Just checked ''monsieur de la pub'' is on don't forget to sky+ that :D

Advertisement