Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take care with Micro USB cables..

Options
  • 09-04-2011 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a USB mains charger and also regularly used another nokia micro USB cable with my HTC desire for charging. At some point the micro USB got damaged as the surrounding metal warped. Charging then became intermittent and it was not possible to do any data connection over the USB as the device would not be recognized.

I was luckily able to fix it by twisting the metal surround with a fine screw drive and now it works but I'm sticking only to the original HTC cable. So this is a friendly waring to be aware that micro-USB connectors are not the strongest and that not all cable connections are exactly the same. I did notice that when the connector was warped that the HTC cable was more loose than plugging in either of the other connectors so either one stretched the thin metal surround.

Advertisement