Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Situation

• 08-04-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the current visa situation is for the states? I can only get the Waiver visa for 90 days at the moment. I would be interested in California if I make it over. Is been "undocumented" dodgy terrain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

Ha! Yeah, forget it.
    You can't work (legally) on visa waiver btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

What are your qualifications and position in employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

Did you really mean to change the thread title?

I placed it in a new thread as it wasn't suitable in Living across the Pond? Come introduce yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

lil_lisa wrote: »
    I placed it in a new thread as it wasn't suitable in Living across the Pond? Come introduce yourself!

That's fair enough!

• Advertisement

thenobody wrote: »
    Ha! Yeah, forget it.
    You can't work (legally) on visa waiver btw

True! You cannot work legally on that visa. Although many are working there in cash jobs for many years "undocumented"

What are your qualifications and position in employment?
    The truth is I have been out of the system for a few years surfing both here and abroad whilst working for cash jobs. I do have a Diploma In Horticulture, City & Guilds Certificate in stock control, plus full B and C (rigid truck) driving licenses. I have travelled extensively throughout Australia, Europe, Indonesia, Morocco, Western Sahara, Senegal and Central America. I have a CV / Resume with all the necessary references from all past employment. Maybe Europe suits me better!

Gingko wrote: »
    Although many are working there in cash jobs for many years "undocumented"

Discussion of illegal activity will not be tolerated here.
    Gingko wrote: »
    The truth is I have been out of the system for a few years surfing both here and abroad whilst working for cash jobs. I do have a Diploma In Horticulture, City & Guilds Certificate in stock control, plus full B and C (rigid truck) driving licenses. I have travelled extensively throughout Australia, Europe, Indonesia, Morocco, Western Sahara, Senegal and Central America. I have a CV / Resume with all the necessary references from all past employment. Maybe Europe suits me better!

Have a look at the visas available for non-immigrant visas here and see if you're eligible for any.

Discussion of illegal activity will not be tolerated here.

Have a look at the visas available for non-immigrant visas here and see if you're eligible for any.

I'll check it out. Thanks

Advertisement