Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crap jobs in Melbourne

Options
  • 09-04-2011 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

Basically my situation is that I'm in Melbourne with my girlfriend for the next 5 weeks. After that we fly home and then back to Australia again a few weeks later for various complicated reasons.

We need work ASAP but only temporarily and will do any job - so we're looking for crap jobs like packing stuff into boxes in a factory etc. Has anyone got any idea where to look for such jobs? We've tried the newspapers and various websites to no avail.

We both have 5 months of fruit picking and packing experience in SA for a fairly big company (and WHV for the next 18 months).

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not to sure, looking for similar myself. Most packing jobs I've seen are around altona and start very early. Most of the ads I've seen require you to have your own transport due to location and start time.

Let us know how you get on as my gf is finding it hard getting work in admin, call centre etc.

There is a call centre on st kilda road offering 500 per week base plus commission but i don't trust sales jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Cheers. We have a car so I'll investigate and let you know if it works out.

Do you know the name of the call centre in St Kilda?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not sure but look on gumtree. Have ads up all the time. If you have a car. Try workforcexs, people co and a few other's. Just check seek.com and see what agencies are advertising then contact them direct by phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mod mate please dont link to your own blog so readily. The discussion is here not there.

Advertisement