Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored to tears already ..

Options
  • 09-04-2011 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Packing it in today, very bored. Started playing at Halloween, have 3 85's, made a bucket of gold, wearing the vicious stuff and got a load of 525 crafters. Find raiding extremely boring, not into the scripted stuff but to each their own etc. Really wanted to pvp after playing Dark Age of Camelot, and by pvp I mean world pvp. The overly structured bgs and arenas are very repetitve and boring to me.( Again this is only my opinion. )

I thought with the massive world that was in it, that there would be some great world pvp to be had. Tol Barad doesn't count :p I'm not one for going around ganking lowbies, but I would like to gank one or two that are close to a main city to draw out some 85's but now with elites gyphon dudes at all the hot spots thats gone bleh. I thought I'd cause some trouble in Stormwind, stealth in on my new rogue, kill some people, maybe some vital npc here or there to get some attention, but vanish doesn't work in cities. If you vanish while a guard is on you..he stays on you and just breaks you out of stealth. Also, if I unstealth in a building, I get an guard agro from a guy who is on the opposite side of the road and not even in line of sight. Getting arrowed by guards through walls and that bringing all the 85s to me sucks.

Blizzard should definitely do some big initiative to enchance world pvp, offer double honor points or more for world pvp kills or do something. Anyway not bothered, thanks for all the advice and tips of received on the warcraft forum, appreciate it! Take care folks, best of luck :p Anyone want to buy a mage cough :p j/k

Comments

Halaa and group raids on stormwind used to be so much fun :(
    And hopping on their trains while fighting!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Aye love it when you gank someone on the train in stormwind and the corpse goes to ironforge, thats a long walk from E.Forest :D

edit : I know because I've had to run in it when I fail at the above :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

hmmmmm .. take a week off. You are playing too intensely. Play casually and you will enjoy it more. You will have more fun when more peeps are 85 and we are doing bgs and raids etc together on vent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that was one of the reasons why i didn't like WoW, having to walk back to your body
    thats just fúcking ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Haven't logged in for 3 weeks and i'm a subscriber since launch, very boring game to me now. think its time for WoW to be pushed off it's throne, don't even read up on updates anymore, it's just the usual drivel of balancing classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I'm in the same boat dude, world pvp is a joke.

In main cities the guards should be retarded and work like all other mobs of their respective level. Not bloody boss like eyesite and having them appear from nowhere :( Afterall the cities are jam packed full of players standing around doing nothing, let them do the policing, they will enjoy it too!!

So they make it so you can only attack a capital city with a raid group, which always proves **** on a populated server due to lag issues. Its slo matrix like play when too many players are beating the crap pout of one another close proximity, which is understandable if the technology cant handle it, but dont make it impossible for a small group to have a little fun :)

Its as if they dont want any unregulated pvp going on, which is just sad coming from a PvP server. They just dont want players grieving i guess and rage quitting??? I see no logic in their decisions :(

I'm always complaining about this game, haha, i should just quit and stfu :P

Yeah, ah Mick I hear ya but I mean, I've done the heroics, I've done the bgs with ingame and rl m8s, it just doesn't do it for now. I've had a good run, nearly a year out of one game so happy with that.

Another thing is.. the atomosphere leveling up as a new player, you know the plush beautiful grass land outside Stormwind questing by killing bears and deer and stuff, that's what I liked in terms of the PVE, and although I did like the cata content, I know there's no going back to that tranquil times :p Now with every content come bigger and badder foes, with more uber names all bringing death etc etc.. rabid badgers man, thts what I want to fight :p

I was saying to the lads there, that I remember a few months back just before Cata was out and I hit level 30 or whatever, and I was just after landing in Booty Bay and making my way up strangethorn in this contested zone festing with Alliance. Until then I had done no PVP encounters in the actual World and I remember running from literally bush 2 bush and staying off the main road so I wouldnt be seen. ****ting myself ;P I know I won't recapture that pvp feeling and I know blizz wont recapture the fun and normality of the starting questing areas again so yeah thats it :)

BUT .. project titan , Dead Island , battlefield 3 , and if Im desperate .. EvE should keep me occupied :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I logged back in to world of warcraft after my first month of Rift was over, did one or two dailies, stayed for around 10 minutes in Org waiting for a battleground to pop up, then logged out.

I resubscribed to Rift and have enjoyed every moment of it due to getting in with a good bunch of people on the server and running expert dungeons non stop in the evenings and early mornings.

Even if Rift wasn't there I don't think I'd bother with Wow anyway :/

Even my son has got bored of Wow, he doesn't even want to get his Mage to 85 and is preferring to play Club Penguin instead :P

I just don't find wow fun any more and pvp has been destroyed imo by blizzard pushing their esport based pvp crap instead of doing something to make pvp actually fun again.
    Hell I'd even take an old school never-ending Alterac Valley at this stage over anything currently on offer, buff the bosses 500% and remove the resources limit - just give me something fun to do without either side rushing for flags/resources/crap.

Sub was a 6 month so cancels end of next month, can't see myself renewing even if a new expansion is brought out, unless there are seriously drastic changes to bring back the fun element of the game again.

I mean, I can't even imagine what it's like now to even run dungeons when I was looking at my son previously topping dps most of the time on his mage, and he's only 8 ffs :( Raids I lost interest in a long time ago, too scripted, gear up, read a guide, wham bam there ye go.

Spent nearly 10 hours doing expert dungeons last night in Rift, T1 and T2, honestly can't remember how long ago it was in Wow that I'd have put that amount of time into it in one sitting and enjoy every moment of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Sub ran up last month there. Never was into pvp but raidin died lately too. GF never shut up about how much time spent on it and now, we do fck all anyhow :p But don't feel like I'm missin much anymore. See a few others lost interest before me and others prob will in the future. Just seems to have lost the attraction it used to have now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sub ran out mid feb, though i hadnt played since xmas week. got one toon to 84 and a second to 83, got so bored that i know the game isnt for me anymore.

still having unbelievable amounts of fun playin world of tanks beta, which gets released wednesday.

then star wars later in the eyar to keep me busy..

might try minecraft too, seems like fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OMG when Berns quits theres deffo something up.

I quit 2 months or so after cata.
    I didnt enjoy cata at all tbh,raiding was fun at times and i never was into pvp too much.
    I did enjoy the old days of open world mass brawls between tarren mill and southshore, epic times then but the game has changes so much since then and for the worse i feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Seems alot of people moving away alright.

Personally I'm still into my raiding but I'm not logging on much outside of raids. I'm levelling a new priest and it has fired a bit of life back intothe game exploring the old world again.

I'm eagerly awaiting the new daily dungeon change and I'll be back in my alts more.

I've got 4 level 85's , 2 level 80s and now a priest and shaman.

Cant see myself stopping playing, although I'm finding myself drifting a little away, we are still bashing through heroics and with the new rejig to daily heroics and new heroic dungeons I'll have the drive to get these alts geared.

I also think its due to me recently picking up an Xbox so I'm playing alot of that inbetween raid nights. :)

But definitly levelling a new character from scratch has shot some wow adrenaline into my arm, although till what point I want to gouge my eyes out im not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Nothin worse than just running around SW like a headless chicken doing nothing and saying to yourself "What am I logged in for...I'm bored to tears..."

Had a massive WoW overload last year when outta work...became brain dead from it!

Then i got a job, and dropped gameplay by about 75%...

I got my lock to 85, priest to 82 or so..but I'm having an insane amount of fun tanking with my pally through the LK content (hit 78 last night). But its only for an hour or 3 every couple days, so I'm loving the fact that I've lots to do when I login...

Couple of warlock changes in 4.1 too, so I'm lookin forward to that too...looks like I'm getting my second wind :D

I would like to see another game knock WoW of it's throne, but I subbed for Rift for 1 month, and just felt kinda meh about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Stopping playing WoW meant I've been able to better experience other games (Mass Effect2, Dragon Age 2 etc). Good times. Would recommend to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Stopped playing myself back at the start of the year, left my Sub run into February as I thought I might pick it back up after a week or two off...Never came back...

Too easy for my liking these days. PvP has lost it's appeal to me aswell, I'll see if I get bored towards summer but for now I've uninstalled it from the Laptop, 35gb's well saved :P

Going to give the new Star Wars mmo a crack when it comes out. All the signs look good so we'll see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eyfm5

u could be waiting a while for that to come out from what i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I also "dropped" it too. I only have two rogues, both 85.

I used to play for hours and hours upon end and then it seemed to just phase out over a week or so. I haven't played it since and my account went inactive. I don't really miss it all, apart from the weird satisfaction of pvp. That's really the only bit that got my blood pumping.

The PVP area in Hellfire Peninsula is pretty fun since the patch where flying mounts are allowed at 60. I love sitting on top of the flags until you're seen. Then stealthing around following the person while they look for you :pac:

Then a bit of stabby-stabby.

(I actually miss it now thinking back on how much fun pvp could be)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Seems few more of our guild quit lately too now, checked up on forums and had another 3 or so quit lately.

Gif mmorpg mass post apocolyptic/zombiesurvival cliched game ! :p

Even though it is a cliche, it still hasn't been done right. Imagine a massive open real world, even half the size of wow, just all downtown and countryside mmorpg with zombeeeees :p A cross between fallout3/iamlegend/wow/resident evil. Ah my wet dream of a game, if done correctly ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's not a case of WoW being a bad game, just that eventually, everyone gets bored of a game.

Myself for example, have played since release on Darkspear US, rerolled to EU servers in TBC and have transferred servers and race/faction changed numerous times to keep things fresh.

Quite happily playing in a PvP guild on Argent Dawn EU, after quitting for a few months, and coming back due to a back injury.

WoW is a great game if you don't get caught up in it, don't let it consume entire days and don't let it actually interfere with your day to day life.

For one, doing that just isn't healthy physically and mentally, but also because it will quickly deteriorate your enjoyment of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dubhdara

I'm the same, sorta lost interest when Cata came out, got my main to level 85, and then started thinking... okay what now.

I decided to quit, and did for a few months, recently I went back and decided to level a brand new character, which I got to 85. I got to say the most interesting part was the 1-58 questing in the new zones. Once I hit outland, it became a grind again.

But I think the biggest problem with Wow, is that it has been about too long and become stale. even when a new expansion/patch comes out, it's very much a been there, done that already.

And between people in my guild acting like children, and a growing disinterest in the game, I'm not sure how long before I decide to quit again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

They could easily make this game better by focusing on new content as opposed to revamping old content we have done before... Next patch brings what ? New dungeons we have done before? Great!

No new incentives to kickstart world pvp in anyway? making the new world they created for flying mounts pretty bland and always empty :(

I actually cant believe they are having this much trouble thinking up new ideas to add flavour to the game, its really sad tbh :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

At the end of the day, it's been out for over 6 years. It's going to get stale eventually, regardless of how much content they add. It's not in any danger of dying anytime soon, but the userbase will gradually lessen over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

-Vega- wrote: »
    Gif mmorpg mass post apocolyptic/zombiesurvival cliched game ! :p

probably a million years away but yeah.. cant wait
    http://www.fallout-on-line.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I cancelled my subscription today as well. I've been playing the game since Vanilla, on the one character under the one name for all these years. I've played casual I've played hardcore. I've been in Ensidia, I've been in Method and I've been in completely unknown Guilds. The game is absolutely terrible, there is absolutely no enjoyment in it anymore and the community just gets worse and worse as it's fed by Blizzard. To top it off they released a ****ing SH IT tier of Raiding, bugged like.... i can't even describe it... I remember Raiding with Ensidia and having bosses be fixed right in front of us... nice joke. Furthermore, for casual Guilds they released ungated content with little to no opportunity to progress and develop.

Today it felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders, I actually never felt so chilled and relaxed like I did. It's a shame considering how I've put, like, 8 years into this one character and now even with nearly full BiS I can't stand to look at another retard attack Electron when he has his barrier up... :(

So, to the OP, and to many of the users and comments below I can't agree more and the game has gotten stale and after seeing myself drift away for the last few months that boat has long sailed away (:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

come join us on world of tanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I cancelled my subscription today as well. I've been playing the game since Vanilla, on the one character under the one name for all these years. I've played casual I've played hardcore. I've been in Ensidia, I've been in Method and I've been in completely unknown Guilds. The game is absolutely terrible, there is absolutely no enjoyment in it anymore and the community just gets worse and worse as it's fed by Blizzard. To top it off they released a ****ing SH IT tier of Raiding, bugged like.... i can't even describe it... I remember Raiding with Ensidia and having bosses be fixed right in front of us... nice joke. Furthermore, for casual Guilds they released ungated content with little to no opportunity to progress and develop.

Today it felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders, I actually never felt so chilled and relaxed like I did. It's a shame considering how I've put, like, 8 years into this one character and now even with nearly full BiS I can't stand to look at another retard attack Electron when he has his barrier up... :(

So, to the OP, and to many of the users and comments below I can't agree more and the game has gotten stale and after seeing myself drift away for the last few months that boat has long sailed away (:

The only thing I slightly disagree with here is the idea content is more bugged than before.

In previous expansions entire raids have been broken, and seeing as you raided with Ensidia, I assume you did Lady Vashj before they fixed it too.
    C'thun was insanely broken, to the point of being impossible.
    Sunwell was a laugh, bosses would often evade and reset in the middle of an encounter for no real reason.

The reason bosses were fixed infront of Nihilum and other top guilds, was quite simply because they were the first people to attempt the encounters, and Blizzards internal testing has always been quite bad.

Cataclysm raiding is already much better than Wrath raiding was, the only good raid in WotLK was Ulduar, and even then it got boring after a few weeks.

Oh and WoW has been out for 6 and a half years, not 8.

But yes, in your case it's a good thing you're quitting. If you don't enjoy a game, then you shouldn't play it, and especially not pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Wow is a boring slow paced dumbed down gearfest and it set a terrible precident which alot of mmo houses followed tbh, expansion after expansion it gets worse, no idea why i wasted money on cata 2h in i was bored :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Cant say i miss being ganked in Stormwind or Ironforge. My server had a major pop imbalance, so horde made in impossble to use the AH. Got so bad that i had to go into a buildings before going into bg's, so when the bg ended i wasnt being ganked by countless horde in ally cities because i was pvp flagged.

I ended up moving most my toons exodar just so i could use the AH in peace.

Now i can use Stormwind as my base of operations, do my dailys, bg's on my pvp toons, level my profs and do old world contect for ach's all in peace:D

That all said, i joined a pvp server back in vanilla when i didnt know what a pvp server was. Would have been alot better for my playstyle to be in a pve server. But im shagged if im going to pay to move ten toons:p

• Advertisement

probably a million years away but yeah.. cant wait
    http://www.fallout-on-line.com/

OMG u just made my mutha truckin day ! :):) DELIGHTED!

Advertisement